1.

Liked by sarahbaby93, jwildin and 20 others

.Super.Nova. Sarah is trying to convince me I can afford to go on this roadtrip to South Carolina.

Sarahbaby93 I bought you coffee and I'm hoping it's working.
.Super.Nova. Maybe a lil. 🥺
Morganvent Seriously come with, the golden  quattro can't be a thing without you.
Jwildin please stop calling us that 😂 Super.Nova. Guys stop 😩

Nova was at the craft store, she had managed the place for two years, it wasn't a horrible job, she was just always getting taken advantage of and she was tired, this was her tenth day in a row of work. She was locking up the last door when her best friend, Sarah came running full force.

"I need to talk to you," Sarah was acting dramatic and Nova knew it.

"If it's about that road trip, I can't do it. I'm living paycheck to paycheck," Nova shook her head, pulling on the doors to make sure that they were locked.

"It is and you are going, we have like, a perfect setup, and you know I don't mind paying for anything for you," Sarah sighed, she knew this was going to be like pulling teeth with Nova.

"I don't take handouts," Nova pointed out to her best friend for the millionth time.

"It's not a handout, it's seriously like, maybe one hundred and fifty dollars and you can pay me back," Sarah urged.

"Why is it so pivotal that I go?" Nova rose her eyebrows, resting her hands on her hips.

"Because I need you to be there, you know Morgan and Jordyn are best friends and I know they are our friends too, but third wheeling best friends is the worst," Sarah cried.

Nova thought about it, kicking a pebble by her dirty, checkers Vans. "You're right."

She then looked up at the sky, her hair running down her back in cascaded waves. The sky always made her feel at peace and at home, she saw Lepus and smiled, it gave her some kind of epiphany. She had given up a lot for her family and she had done a lot for everyone, maybe going wouldn't be so bad.

Nova sighed and looked back at Sarah, "Fine."

"Fine?" Sarah bounced up and down on her toes.

"I'll go," Nova nodded.

"Yes! We will have such a great time, fuck the money, it's going to change us. I don't know what it is, but I have this energy when I think about it, I can't explain it," Sarah's face of excitement and pure happiness was enough for Nova.

Nova looked back up, maybe Sarah was right, something in the stars made Nova feel like she made a decision that would change her life. She turned around and ran back in to put the time off in, there was no way she wouldn't do it.