24.

It has been a few days of Rudy and Nova sneaking around their friends. They wanted to be open with their friends, but they also liked the thrill of a secret. They were currently in Nova's bed, the only thing covering them was her black sheets.

"Rudy? Nova?" They heard Sarah yell. They both covered their laughs and stayed in her room, they could only imagine what she would say if she saw them like this.

"Here, put my sweater on," Rudy reached over the side of the bed, handing her his grey sweater.

"Thanks, but what about you?" Nova whispered, putting in the sweater anyway.

"It's normal for me to be shirtless," he shrugged.

They both laid back down and pretended to be asleep, Sarah opened the door poking her head in. "Hey guys. We have to be ready soon, the flight for L.A leaves in an hour."

Rudy groaned, covering their heads with the blanket. "Don't groan at me, get up," Sarah demanded.

"Yes ma'am," Rudy tightened his grip around Nova, burying his head in her neck.

"Come on," Nova whispered, a yawn escaping her lips, they stayed up really late and it was only six in the morning.

"Five minutes?" He asked, they had already packed their bags, all they had to do was jump up and get dressed.

"Pankow."

"Babygirl," he traced a few shapes across her exposed skin on her thigh.

Nova bit her bottom lip, her heartbeat was in her throat, she loved when he called her babygirl. "Five minutes."

"Thank you," he lazily smiled, still spelling random things and tracing shapes on her skin. "I've really enjoyed these last few days."

"I have too," Nova nodded. "What are we?" She blurred out, looking away from his eyes, she was afraid of asking the question.

Rudy had been waiting for this question, he was kind of nervous because he didn't know what the were. Sure, he cared about Nova astronomically, but he didn't want to ruin anything between them. The day that they decided to sleep together was the day they complicated the lines. "What do you want?" Rudy asked, lifting her chin up to look at him.

Nova but her lip, she liked Rudy, she knew she liked him, she didn't know what he wanted and where they stood. "I want us to be happy," was her simple response.

"I'm happy with you, I am Novs. Should we step back and take things slow?" Rudy asked.

Nova thought about that, he life had never been slow, she never had things work and be easy, it was always a fight and he was a little tired of fighting. "Let's just go with the flow for now, but I i also don't want you to like... do this with someone else."

"God, I'm too obsessed with you to want to even think about another girl like this. Look, I eventually want to date you, you're my best friend and I love being around you. I just want us to slowly figure out our rhythm, this sounds so stupid, I've practiced this for days," Rudy shook his head.

"Hey," Nova was now the one making him look at her. "You need to stop doubting yourself, you're so confident when it comes to everything except this."

Rudy was looking down, he felt like an idiot and a child at the same time. "Because you make me weak," he uttered.

Nova was having heart palpitations, she didn't know what he meant by that and she didn't know if it was a good thing. She simply asked him to look at her and said, "There's too much risk in not trying things, Rudy."