SAB 2: HUMILIATED

This chapter is dedicated to drealempress. I know I said I'll dedicate it to the person that gets it correctly, but she answered. Though she didn't get it correctly, she has been a darling. Even if this is the beginning. Thank you so much for your votes and comments b♥️. And please check out her book 'The New Girl'. You're gonna love it😉😉.

×××

Suicide is never the answer. You can go through that situation. Fight it. Never give up. God will not allow you to through that situation without a good motive. He probably has something good in store waiting for you.

-dat_ebonygurl

***

I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, only one thing on my mind now.

Would I be adopted today? I bit my lower lip to reduce my tensed state.

"Hello?" Nora or future mom said as she left where we stood to answer her phone call. I said future mom because of the way she has been looking at me during the last approximately four minutes. Her look has given me confidence. It has restored my hope.

"No darling." She said. Prolly talking to future daddy.

"Alright. I'll be quick. I'll come soon. Love you." She said, as she put her phone in her bag.

Resuming where she stood, she briefly looked at Kevin and I. More of me though. I noticed Kevin's eyes were shut, so I also closed mine. Both of us waiting for her to touch one of us. I really hope it's me. Please be me. Please be me. I silently prayed.

"I'm taking this Kevin." She said. My eyes still shut. A few seconds passed by, still, I felt nothing. My heart sank with each second that passed.

I opened my eyes to see that she clutched Kevin so close to her. I could feel my heart melt at the sight. She chose him over me. Wow.

"Finally! I thought you were gonna keep your eyes shut forever." Nora said.

Tears were in my eyes, threatening to fall. I quickly blinked them back.

"Wait wait. Don't tell me you closed your eyes waiting for me to touch that filthy skin of yours? You really think I'd have adopted you?" She asked.

The tears which I blinked back, made their way back to my eyes, wetting my cheeks.

Filthy. She called my skin filthy. What did I do wrong to deserve such treatment?

"Wanna know why I didn't pick ya?" She asked.

I didn't answer. I stood there watching her with my tear-filled eyes.

"Look at you and look at Kev." She said. Wow. He even has a sobriquet. Great. Note the sarcasm there.

"There's so much difference between the both of you. Kev looks healthier than you. And you... you look... sick, dehydrated. Eye bags so deep at a young age. Yeesh. No wonder your parents left you here. Your protruding belly, and your thin self. Look at you. How can I adopt you? I'm traveling to NYC and you expect me to take you with me? I can't adopt a scrawny being like you." She said.

Every word she said struck me as though it was lightening. That would have been better than listening to what she said. I could feel the tears dropping with every word she said. The sound of laughter from Miss Eve and a few of the children increased my pain. Some of them weren't laughing. They were probably looking at me with sympathy. But then, why did she look at me that way?