Chapter 11: This Is The End

"Okay everyone, share your book reports. Who wants to go first?" Mrs. Penwell asked.  

Daniel Warila raised his hand, "I'd like to." He lifted himself off of his seat and headed to the front of the class. "My book is called..." he kept talking, when suddenly a loud boom hit the class. My classmates screamed. The girls were really scared. I was rushing to the door. My principle ran to our class as said,  

"Seventh grade! Keep calm, PLEASE! This isn't an earthquake drill, it is an earthquake!" the alarm went off as we ran to the emergency door. The ground was shaking, and we heard screams everywhere. The little ones rushed out, scattered everywhere. Daniel was the last one out. He was running down the emergency stairs when the stairs broke down. He screamed and fell hard, laying there unconscious.  

My mind was crazy. At this moment I couldn't think of anything.  

Daniel had blood rushing from his head. I saw another student run out, falling 15 or more feet from upstairs. It was Richard. He yelled out, "AHHHHHHH!" and fell right next to where Daniel was. They were hurt. Bad.  

I ran in, wanting to be a hero, because I hopelessly dream of it. I never wanted to live anyways. All these bad things keep happening. Why should I? 

I ran in, finding the building collapsing, and men carrying bloody children out of the building.  

I started weeping, and standing there. In the middle of the earthquake. I saw the earth cracking beneath me. I stood still, while my friends from far yelled at me to run. My knees were literally shaking, while I stood. Just standing. I was about five feet away from Daniel and Richard. A large piece of metal was falling on them. They were still moving, so I ran in, put effort in pulling them out, and failed. I yelled "GRAAAGHH!" as I pulled them out. The large piece of metal was about twenty feet above us. I stood there looking up. I pulled the buys out. I did it. The piece of metal fell, crashing to the ground, making a large crack on the cement. I was scared to death. By putting my life on the line just to saw two people whom I barely ever talk to. They were part of my life. And so is my life. But I risked it. I grabbed them with both my hands, and pulled them out. I turned around, seeing a red pick-up truck with no driver. The ground was lop-sided. And the truck was heading for me. Sweat rolled down my cheeks as I whispered to myself, "This is the end, Cathy. It's all your fault, CATHY. All you. It's all your--" 

BOOOOM!!!