Chapter 14: Caught

I dropped my phone, seeing it crack and die before my eyes. I turned around. There was a big man standing behind me. He had a long gray beard. He wore overalls, covered in fresh and innocent blood. He pointed the direction I was walking as I turned around and screamed as loud as possible. He shut my mouth with his hands and stopped me from breathing. I struggled to open my mouth and bite down on his hand as hard as I could. I turned around and screamed again, seeing my bloody friend with cuts and bruises all over her.

The next morning I found myself laying on a cold, hard, wooden floor next to a hung, bloody, cut girl. Julie was dead. Light shone into my eyes. I screamed multiple times. I grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her about a hundred times. She spat dried blood into my face. I wiped the blood away from my face, noticing stabs all over her shoulders, neck, chest, and arms and legs. I took her away from the noose, where she was hung, and tried to carry her out. I slowly opened the door and ran outside, with Julie carried on my back.

I finally gave up half-way, losing myself at a strange place. It was old, and deserted. The temperature, I'm sure, is higher than 100°F. I sweated so much, I looked like a drowned rat. It was so hot. And I had to carry a dead body across this... place. I have nowhere to go now, and I don't know where I let Julie go, leaving her body lying there, on the hot, sizzling pavement. I felt sorry for her.

I turned around quickly, because I heard someone walking behind us, I saw him. The man who killed Julie, he had blood on him still. His feet stepped and stepped. He started running, so I ran and cried. Julie was still there. He was getting closer to me. I had a gun his hand, and he stood still, pointing it at my back. I panicked, my heart was beating faster, and faster. I felt a whooshing come towards me. But the bullet, it missed.