Chapter 18: Mirror, Mirror

"Well, you all have to give me five good reasons. I'm not gonna be stupid enough and let you get a hold of my gun, you guys can't even watch my son!" D.P.'s dad told us, while washing his car. 

"One, we need to kill her. Two, we hate her. Three, we... dislike her. Four, we need to destroy her. Five," Anna said, counting on her fingers, "She's bad..?" Everyone laughs. 

"Aha, DEFO!" Clarissa shouted. 

Joe replied, "Anna, you really wanna include the fact that.. we hate her? LOL, JK, Smiley Face." 

We look over at Joe, not believing how he could joke right now.  

"Joe..." I said. 

"Kay, geez." 

"Do you guys miss Daniel?" DP's dad asked.  

I sighed, "I sure do. We all do, Mr. Pouch." 

"I guess. He was a great son," he continued hosing down his Maserati, "he never should've deserved a sharp and painful death. Fine. I'll give whoever's in charge the gun." 

Everyone pointed to me. Someone even said my name.  

"Hehe." I said, fidgeting a little, "I'm not really 'in charge.'" I said, using air quotes.  

"Well to very one you sure are. Here." he places the gun on my two bare hands. "Remember, it only has 10 bullets. Use them well." Holding my backpack out in front of me, I unzipped it and slowly put the gun inside.  

Putting on my backpack, I said, "We're about to visit the hospital. Well, visit out friends." 

"Have fun, guys." DP's dad waved at us.

••••••••••••

Opening the hospital door, I saw Frannie standing near one of the plants. She had her arms crossed and she walked back and forth. She noticed us, and ran up to us.  

"You're here!" 

"Yup!" Clarissa said. "How long were you here?" 

"About five minutes ago." Frannie replied.  

"Well, let's go!" I shouted, interrupting them, and walked ahead. I looked back and said, "Second floor, Room 103, I'll be there. Come on, Joe, Anna, Julia!" 

Walking, Anna started a conversation by saying,  

"I'm hungry. Got food?" 

I laughed, "Ask Alex. He must've had a ton of food up there." 

"When you're shot, you shouldn't eat too much." Joe argued.  

"Whatever." 

"Hey!" a voiced called out behind us. "Wait for us!" 

"Well, wanna use the stairs or elevator, Frannie?" Anna asked. Her face had a huge scar on it. Silence. "Elevator it is." 

Walking into the elevator, we all stood still, squished together in the small elevator room. I pressed the button that said "Floor 2" and waited. I felt an extra presence among us. There was a circle mirror, hanging diagonal in the top right corner. I looked up into it, seeing myself, and six others. Relieved, I looked down. Then I realized something. Anna, Julia, Clarissa, Joe, Frannie. That's five. Did I count myself? I didn't. Looking up again, I saw it. There was a tall girl among us. It's not Julia, she was shorter than Julia. She had long black hair. Arianna? I looked behind me. There wasn't anyone. The elevator shook. Everyone fell to their right and Anna and Frannie screamed, hugging each other.  

"The elevator's broken!" Joe cried. 

"Oh no..." Julia moaned. 

It shook again. Clarissa groaned, hugging her stomach, and made puking noises.  

"Aww, come on," I said, pulling out my phone. I dialed the hospital's number, reading it from a poster in the elevator. "Hmmm, 'need heelpp...' " I read, " 'Contact Us at...' " 

I dialed the number and waited. A lady picked up.  

"Are you stuck in the elevator? Haha, good. You deserve it. I told you guys." I heard a static and froze. She told us? The lady. It was Death. What did she tell us? I looked up at the circular mirror, that was now fogged up. We heard voices on the outside. Everyone screamed as something sharp unexpectedly poked into the crack of the elevator door. They tried opening the door. We heard men talking over walkie-talkies outside. The door slowly opened, and we were free. I saw Cyrus standing outside, sobbing, along with Cameron standing there, looking shocked.  

Cyrus looked at us, calming himself down and said, "Richard's dead."