Chapter 6: Die, Cry, Hate

Live, laugh, love. The three words that never showed up in my life. Except "live." I lived. It just doesn't feel like it. It feels like my life is worthless now. Like everything changed. Like good became bad. Laugh. I do laugh, but it seems like when I do, I don't. Because my laughter doesn't really tell my happiness. Love. I had never loved in my life. Probably because that's the forever alone life. My thoughts were interrupted. I was still duct taped. I was sitting in a dark, dark, room.

"What the--" I said, eyes wide open, when I saw the girl stand there, talking to someone. I realized she was alone. What was that? "There, there was a person there...." The girl started to brush her hair as she slowly sat down in front of a big mirror. Her bangs covered her eyes, and her mouth was wide open. I screamed. She said three small words in a whisper.

" Die.... Cry... Hate." she said. I tilted my head from left to right, trying to make out her words again. She said the opposite meanings, of my three favorite words. "Die, cry, and hate."

An hour later...

I did not realize I fell asleep. I was horrified, looking around, and seeing all these dead bodies. Of my friends.

She untied me. She ripped the duct tape off my mouth in a snap, making me scream, "Mphh!!!" She opened the door to the attic, and pushed me up. I looked down, and there she was. She screamed at me like a child that got their toy taken away. I ran up. I spotted a TV in the corner. I turned it on.

I was watching SpongeBob when a message appeared on the screen. I thought Hurricane Sandy actually found its way into Portland. But it wasn't. I gasped when I heard the news say,

"Hello everybody. We have interrupted your show to report a missing child. Her name is Selena. She has curly brown hair, and she is..." I couldn't believe it. I knew it. I knew it. Then the screen showed Selena's mom and brother, standing in front of their house, her mother crying, and her brother's arm around her neck. "Your show is resumed." Spongebob was on again. I turned off the TV. The girl called my name, "Caffy!" she sounded like a child.

She dragged me downstairs and said,

"See you on Death's footsteps." and pushed me out. She slammed the door in my face. I never heard her voice before. She looked young, but somehow she sounded like a 29 year-old woman. Creepy. I got out my phone and texted all my friends to meet me in the park.

••••••••

"HOW?! HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN? SHE IS STUBBORN, STUBBORN, STUBBORN," her friend Wil said, "Really?! I mean, no one would even kidnap her for nothing!!!"

We all stared at Wil while he yelled.

"Calm the heck down, man," Julie said, "Yelling's not gonna solve anything. Gosh."

Wil looked at Julie like "really?"

I heard noises again. I scooted a little closer to D.P., cause I was scared.

The noises.

They repeat every five seconds.

Ding. Ding. Ding. Bll----  

Ding. Ding. Ding. Bloooodyy--  

Ding. Ding. Ding. Ma----  

Ding. Ding. Ding. Marryyyy--  

Ding.  

Ding.  

Ding.