Chapter 9: Ruined

Emma was... hypnotized. Her eyes were focused on the blood. I thought back. Emma is afraid of blood. She started crying and running away.

At the nurse, Julia was in the hospital room. She saved me from a snake. I got this feeling where I loved everything. Well not literally. Julia was frozen. And Emma? I don't know about her.

A week later, my school was okay. Things were working out. No Ms. Zemp, no Emma, no scary memories. Until we all got a call from the hospital. The hospital Julia was at. Oh no, this isn't good. Julia... she was diagnosed with cancer. Brain cancer. She couldn't concentrate well enough anymore. Oh no. It's all my fault. I should have listened to her. I should've killed the snake. Cancer isn't easily cured. Miracles. Only miracles can make that happen. This isn't a good thing. It's not good at all. We would lose one more. One more friend. One more memory of life. Why is this even happening? Why do us seventh graders have to go through this? This stuff. This pain and sorrow, these deaths. They're happening all at the same time. I feel ruined. Ulggh.  

I couldn't imagine life a month later. The longest Cancer lasted could maybe be a year or two. That's short. These things are running through my mind as I'm trying to think about my homework. My book report is due tomorrow. I took a look at the clock. 9:49pm. Are you serious? I thought. 

Things aren't happening the way I expected. A month til summer. One more month. It's the end of May right now. Yessss, I can't wait, I thought to myself, but I still have this dumb book report.

The next day I walked to school alone. A thought flashed back into my head. That girl. The girl that killed my friends. She looked very familiar, familiar indeed. She was... Arianna. Yes, Arianna. I remembered now. My mind was clear. It's hard having a class with lesser and lesser students. I had an insecureness inside all of a sudden. It feels as though everyone whom I come in contact with, they either die, or go missing, or something bad happens to them. I started to feel heavy of guilt. Like I'm the fault. The fault of the earthquakes. The fault of death. It feels like... like... like I am Death.