Chapter 15: The Soul's Home

The bullet missed. I kept on running, and running and running. Julie. She was still there. I never really noticed, so I kept running, as fast as possible. I found a large oak tree and hid behind it. I sat down, wiping sweat off my forehead. I was exhausted. He was about 10 feet away from me. I closed my eyes, and opened them again. I looked around. It was dark, and eery. I slowly crawled into this huge, dark gray bush. I found a large thorn sticking out of my hand and pulled it out, yelling. It stung. But someone must've heard me. I covered my mouth.

I spotted a tall, dark house a few yards away from where I was, and I tip-toed in. As I walked up the steps, I heard creaks and broken wood crack under my feet. A hand reach out and pulled me in.

"AAAHHH! Who are you?" I screamed.

She kept running and dragging me along. Silence.Then she stopped and looked around. I did too. I was in a room. Old, with cobwebs, the windows were broken. There was glass everywhere. The bookshelves were as dusty as a cloudy sky.

She studied me. She circled and circled me. Then she pushed me down, onto a soft couch. She turned on the lights. I recognized her. Long black hair. Innocent eyes, gentle lips. That smile. It was Arianna.

"IT'S ME!" she cried.

I spotted Julie lying on the floor, with see through people surrounding her and trying to help her.

"You're not safe here, Cathy. You'll eventually face lots of horrors and terrors and dangers. It's not good, Cathy. Run away," she added.

I swallowed. "Why are you here? Didn't you die? Not to sound—"

"Sh, sh. Hear that? That's Julie's soul."

"Whaaat?"

"This is where the souls live. The bullet did not miss you, it got you. Now you're here. The only way to get out is to find the spot you died at, and join your body." She looked at me like I was bloody dead.

"Okay, I'll do it." I started running back, soon finding myself. I was shot. And I lied behind that bush. My  'spirit'  lied on top of myself, and soon, I felt my hands. They were cold. My back hurt. I ran back to the house and saw Arianna standing on the porch.

"Haha! You did it!"

"Yes, yes, Arianna. Please, help my friends come back to life."

"They need to find the exact spot their bodies are at at this moment. That's impossible, for all these souls here."

"Wh-where is Selena?"

"With me."