--Keep it going--

Cooking Cat sighed deeply at the child's possible explanation for Moonjumper's disappearance. The two wanted to try and find a trail to follow  to find him, just so that when they found (Y/N)...It'd be easier to get them to cooperate to come back. However, this explanation...She was terrified the dear would die of heartbreak and worry.

"You see!" Hat kid had stated, "Sometimes when someone uses a time piece...And well, they don't know how..."

Cooking Cat cringed remembering the words.

"Sometimes time tries to correct itself! Things get misplaced or put back..."

Things get misplaced or put back.

Her whiskers twitched, nodding her orange head as the young alien explained some mumbo-jumbo she didn't quite get nor understand. How was this child so knowledgeable about time and space, yet didn't know how to operate a microwave? CC supposed she'd never know the answer to that one.

"Well darling, if that sweet lil' ghost got...put back, what're we gonna do?" She questioned, watching as Hat Kid spun around, playing a little with the buttons on her control panel. The small screen nearby seemed to zoom in on a few areas.

"We'll tell (Y/N), they'll know where he is and-" The child paused, pressing her finger to her chin with a hum, "Well! This looks like it has a lot to do with magic and Subcon. I'll ask Snatcher!"

The feline's hair stood up on end, claws unsheathing in nervousness and annoyance at the mention of the ghost in question. Snatcher? The cruel no good son-of-a-gun who would sneak on the ship sometimes to harass this sweet little girl? How could that dog-gone fool provide any help at all?

"No offense sweetie," She chuckled, "I know you say he's your uh...bff, but...I don't think he'd be willing to help (Y/N)."

"Oh no! I don't have to bring up them!" the child giggled, leaning back in her seat with hands clasped, "I just have to steal his books!"

"Steal his-" CC grumbled, putting a paw to her head in exasperation, "Now how are gosh darn books going to be of use?"

"Snatcher likes to write about magic-happenings in Subcon and how to deal with them!"

...Well. She supposed that might be of some use. Perhaps. Now, the bigger question in her mind came back with a lash of her tail.

"Alright, alright, maybe he can help," She murmured, "But, have you located (Y/N) yet?"

"Hmm, let's see!" The child spun back around, hat almost rolling off her head.

"Well?"

"Oh! I think that's them--- Woooow! They're really far in there! I haven't even gone out there."

"What?" CC's tail fluffed up, pushing over to view the small screen, "What do you mean they're far out there?"

Sure enough, on the small screen sat the form of (Y/N), scrambling about through the thicket of the forest, stopping short to turn towards something. Good graces was that one of the residents of Subcon with them? ...On a rope?

Just what did they think they were doin' out there, all alone! 

"Well I think I can get the ship close by, but we'll have to trek further in, Cookie!" Hat Kid stated, "I'm kind of excited! I wonder what's way out there?"

"We? Oh no no no, sweetheart, you're staying out of this mess as much as possible," The feline argued back, "I'll get them. You get the books, got it? It's safer that way."

With a raspberry, the child responded, "You don't know anything about the forest, you'll be spider-bait by dawn! I know what I'm doing."

"No. And that just is final!"

"Can't make me stay behind!"

"I-" She halted, whiskers twitching in aggravation. She was trynna trick her into one of this silly 'can too' 'cannot' childish arguments! Ugh. 

"We'll argue this until the cows come home, Hat Kid, but I don't want even more people than needed in danger out there!"

"Kinda late for that one."

Cooking Cat groaned inwardly, blinking slowly as she relaxed into a sigh. The kid had a point, she was...strong for a child. And knew her way around the residents and creatures around the spooky woods. What good would it do if the cat went out alone and ended up lost and hurt?

...She didn't like this idea, though.

"Try and see where they're going, alright?"

"Got it 'boss' ," The child giggled, sticking out her tongue to watch their friend's movements.

---0---

"You're giving up awful easy, kid!" Chester exclaimed, "You were just going on about how important this was and how you couldn't let me chase you off. Now you're just...done? What's that all about? I ain't about to be tied up and rounded about for literally nothing!"

You sighed, rubbing at your damp eyes with your sleeve. The situation was exhausting, and though you knew the subconite had some kind of truth to his words, it all was starting to feel incredibly hopeless.

"I thought you'd be leaping for joy at the idea of being released early," You weakly snapped back, taking a seat under a particularly large mushroom, "Not encouraging the 'kid' to keep moving on."

"Oh don't get it twisted, if you want to give up, I'm all for it!" He snickered, kicking around a few leaves, "I just thought you were tougher than that, with all the constant trekking and catching someone who was moments before ruining your plan."

Nodding a little, you just shrugged your shoulders, moving the backpack off them for a moment.

"I don't...Think I will give up," You stated, "This is just rough on me..."

Blinking, you went back to the note you had left on your home door. CC wasn't going to stand for something like that. You should cover more ground before she catches you and brings you back home.

"What is CC going to think?" You chuckled to yourself, "She's going to smack me silly..."

Chester stood up on his tippy toes, leaning forwards at you in a teasing manner.

"You got even more friends about to end up here? Man, kid, you're a lot of trouble!" The doll pointed at you, finger pressing against your nose, "You ever think your actions through?"

"Oh shut it, overgrown doll," You snarked, yanking on the rope to knock over the little minion, smirking when he smacked the ground.

"Oof--- Alright, alright. I get the message!"

Standing up with a huff, you offered a hand to help Chester up, giving a quick 'let's go' before beginning to move along once more.

"Well would you look at that, the kid's got their spark back."

"Would you look at that, the doll's got dirt all over his cloak."

"That isn't funny, kid!"

------

(OK  that's all my writing motivation for da night. See you next time I have more motivation. ;)