---Take Action---

Laying on your couch, legs over the arm of it as you stared up at the ceiling, you sighed heavily. Shapeshifter hadn't shown up yet. Hat Kid promised to wait by the fountain for them, but you were beginning to think they weren't going to show up at all.

Perhaps they were still busy with Snatcher's stupid tasks...

God, you had almost forgotten about that encounter all together. Poor Chester...

You hoped the doll was doing alright as you smelled the familiar scent of  baked goods from the kitchen. 

"Well," CC's voice called out, "Do you think they're comin'?"

"I'm not sure..."

"Oh," The feline frowned slightly as she emerged, a plate of cookies in her paws, "Prolly just busy, dear."

"Yeah." You sighed slightly, "I'm just trying to figure out how we'd get back into Subcon if we needed to..."

The orange cat grimaced slightly, ears going back as she set the baked goods down, "Honey I'm...So sorry."

"Don't blame yourself CC," You smiled softly, "You just did what you thought you needed to."

---0---

Moonjumper laid upon the empty clouded area he was in, thinking solemnly about the things he had heard.

Anchor himself to the mortal world? What did that strange shapeshifting creature mean by that?

The phantom thought about it a bit more. Anchor himself. 

It just didn't make sense. He was trapped. There was no other way of going about it! What kind of vague, cryptic words were those?

So much for their promising words to you of helping out! This was as useless as it could get!

Moonjumper sighed, recomposing himself for a moment. Getting irrational about this wasn't the way to go about this. Shapeshifter had stated this would be up to him.

Now, he had to make a plan of his own. The ghost had gotten out before on his own.

He just needed to think, and plan. 

And this time, be a bit quicker about it.

Yes. He was going to get out. He put himself here, he'd get himself out. Like he did with her, like he did here before.

It was going to be...fine.

He just had to stop sulking.

---0---

"My my! Sorry for the late return," Shapeshifter's loud chirping tone burst into your home, startling  you slightly.

"Oh hey," You smiled softly, "Good to see you..."

"Ah yes! It is always a delight to see your friend the Shapeshifter," The creature boasted, spinning before flopping down beside you, "Sorry for the long wait! Snatcher is just a very charming creature hehe."

"Had you busy with tasks, huh?"

"Yes yes, but that's alright."

You fell quiet, unsure of what to ask of them. How were they supposed to know how to help, when there wasn't a clear answer? They had already told you before, this was up to Moonjumper.

"Shapeshifter," You started, falling flat afterwords.

"Hm, yes I know, I know my dear," Shapeshifter hummed, giving you a sympathetic look, "You're looking for ways still to do this on your own."

You nodded solemnly, opening your mouth to speak.

"Hush," Their voice was soft, "Don't worry yourself over this, you have no control of it."

Continuing, the being patted you gently on the head, "Listen, the most you can do is not lose hope. Can you do that?"

"Yes. I can."

"Well then, Allow  your friend the Shapeshifter to take charge of this."

"Wh...what are you going to do?"

Your head cocked to the side, questioning everything that was going on. What did they mean by any of this? Surely there was something you could still do, still try...

"I will make my way there," It was almost as if they stated this  to be a simple idea, a simple trip, "It's easy, really."

You shook your head, "Surely it's not."

"No, perhaps not, but that's not for you to worry about."