Chapter 15- The Truth

Quince's POV

I walked around the lonely house having know idea what to do. Mom hasn't been back yet since yesterday and I hadn't really done anything. I had no phone, no computer, no internet. I was dying. I had nothing to do. So I decided to travel downstairs. I've only explores the top level. And since I haven't been hungry I've had no reason to travel downstairs.

I made my way down the marble staircase. It winded down in a circle and I almost got dizzy. When I got to the landing I was amazed at how beautiful it was. To my left was a large living room. It had a soft leather couch that sat in front of a blazing fireplace. And every so often it would change the flame's color. On tjd sides of the room were bookcases filled with many books. So many I couldn't count/fit one shelf with both my hands.

To my right was a large kitchen. There was island dead center with a gap in the end that led to the appliances. In front of the island was a small dining room table that fit 5 people. There was a nice stove and a double oven. Thecrirsge was stainless steel and had no fingerprints on it. It was like a dream house. I couldn't believe my dad would throw it all away. For what? Alcohol?! That's what pissed me off the most. He ruined our lives for alcohol.

I walked into the living room and tool out a random book from the shelf. Its name was "Black Beauty". I began to read it and became entranced. The story told if a horse called Black Beauty and how she grew up being whipped and being sold to many different owners and how it was like to be horse back in the old days.

It made me think. Why are people so cruel? Were they tormented as a child? What went so wrong that they had to inflict pain onto others? It made me wonder, kids who are victims if those people are helped, but who helps them. Everyone sees them as bad and horrible people, but no one knows what they're really dealing with.

Jorge was one of those people. I saw him as horrible and bad, but I didn't know what was really going on. I realized something the other day. But thinking back I don't think I want to act on it. I wasn't sure anymore. I was so confused and I was confused on what to do.

God damnit. Even in a fucking coma I'm still worrying about this shit! Why can't life be simple?!? I'm getting so sick of it already. This keeps consuming my life! What am I supposed to do?!?

I stopped thinking about it and got back to the book. It entranced me and it made me happy. I've gone so into a book before. I was glad I had this free time before I had to go back.

Then I heard something. It sounded like low mumbling but it was louder than that. I didn't exactly put my finger on it. Then the heard it.

"Oh Quince..." The voice sniffled. "I love you so much. I don't know if you can hear me but I love you. More than anything." The voice faded out and didn't come back.

I couldn't tell who it was and I don't  think I was going find out anytime soon.

Ace's POV

"What the hell was your problem!?! Why would you do that to me?!" I kept yelling at Jack while he leaned against the wall unfazed.

"You came onto to me. How many times do I have to fucking say it Ace?" He responded. I let in an exasperated sigh and pit my hands behind my head. What the hell am I supposed to do. I probably just broke the heart of the girl I love. I think...I'm not sure. I think I do....oh my goodness..

"Jack, does Jo know about this?" I pointed between us.

"No why?" He smiled like a buffoon.

"You know why!!! If he finds out I'm dead! You'll find me buried next to Alec!!"

He sighed and walked over to me. He took me in his arms and slowly brought his face towards mine.

"NO!!!" I pushed him off of me and ran away.

I didn't stop running. I just kept running and didn't stop. I finally cane to the cafe I took Quince for our first date. Then I saw her dad going into the hospital. I followed behind him.

---A Week Later---

I was still here, in this house for what seems like forever. Then it happened. The day my life came back together. I felt movement in my hands and zi started moving them in the real world. I started turning my body and then, I opened my eyes.