Chapter 1- The Struggle

A/N: Hey guys decided to write the first chapter early. Hope you guys enjoy and I'll see you in the next chapter ENJOY!!!

Quince's POV

It was any ordinary day. I woke up, got dressed, brushed my teeth....any thing any ordinary teenager would do. I packed a knife and some tissue.

I crept downstairs so to not wake up my family. Excuse my rudeness. My name is Quince. I'm 14 years old turning 15 in a month. I am that cliche "emo freak" at school. Yes, I wear heavy eyeliner and black and I cut myself, I'm bullied and I'm somewhat smart but I don't get why I'm tortured at home AND school.

My mom died when I was 12 and my dad couldn't cope. He started drinking. It started out small and he got tipsy then it got to the point where every night he came home full on drunk. He began hitting me and yelling me, screaming I'm worthless and that I should rot in hell. He blamed me for my mom's death and I do too.

So I started cutting myself and wearing black because how can I wear bright colors when I'm so dark inside. Then my siblings, Frank and Ginger, in their gang called FrankFooter and G-Pop. They joined this gang called The Biters because their friends did (they feel you always need to be cool in high school) and smoked illegal drugs and stuff.

Frank is 18 and Ginger is 20 Frank is a sophomore still and Ginger is still a senior. They got left back this year. They are always too high to notice when dad is beating me. My family is pretty screwed up. Mom, if you can hear me....come back please.

Well, time for another day of hell. I tiptoed down the stairs and quietly left the house. It was 6:30 and I decided to go to this new cafe that opened last week. It sold baked goodies and coffee. I ordered a black coffee, no sugar and dark chocolate brownie.

So on with my sad life. My only friend is Trey. He is bullied too but only because he's dyslexic. He can't read very well and he stutters a lot. Yup hoorah for the misfits. He is very sweet though. He is a good person. There goes to show you the best people get the rottenest luck.

By the time I finished my food it was 7:00 so I left for school. I reached the beginning of campus and walked inside. Trey was inside waiting for me in the corner of the room. Wallflower. "H-h-hey Quince!" He said "Was your night ok?" He asked worriedly. He knew everything about me.

He was the only one I could really trust. Everyone at school laughed and stared at us and it was natural so we just ignored it. Then out of nowhere I was shoved against a locker. I heard Trey whimper and I could tell he was shoved too. I looked up and well well well.

"Hello Jorge..." he gave me a wicked smile. "Hey bitch. Have any new cuts on them nasty arms???" I didn't response. Then he slapped me. That was new.... Jorge never touched my face before now. He usually shoved me and called me names. It felt like last night.. I shed a tear and looked up. He grinned at me and through me on the floor.

That's just a day in the life of Quince Harrison.