Chapter 7- If You Knew How I Felt

Jorge's POV

I was shocked at my own actions. I couldn't believe what I had just told Quince. When I walked away I just couldn't hold myself together. I locked myself in the bathroom and just lost it. I kicked the sink and punched the wall. My knuckles started bleeding but I didn't care.

She was right. I had changed. I had become mean and bitter because I let a girl do that to me. I still let her affect me and I loved her. She could make me do crazy things. I would kill myself for her but she would never know that.

I totally screwed it up. Now I've just gone and confused her. Now she'll know I do truly feel that way. I'm not lying. Not about something like this.

As I walked to class I saw her. Ace was telling her something and she laughed. That was the 2nd time I had seen her laugh and the first time was in the 7th grade.

I overheard a small part of what they were saying and I didn't really enjoy it.

"So I heard about your mom. I know I'm new and I just wanted to give my condolences. Just because I act like a total jack ass doesn't mean I don't have a soft side."

Quince's voice lowered a little bit.

"Thanks. After she died I have missed her lot. A lot of things have changed while she was gone. I just wish she hadn't gotten in that car. I wish I had known my father was drunk. I feel like it is my fault somehow. "

"Why do you think that?? You couldn't have known. You were 12!!!!!!!! It makes me mad that you see yourself so inferior. You're a great girl. And you should know how special you are to me. I mean how special you are." Ace responded.

She blushed and told him she had to get to class. She thanked him and left. I slowly walked away knowing what was happening before my eyes.

Quince's POV

I was so shocked. I couldn't believe what I just heard. As I walked to Math class I replayed Ace's words in my head. I was special to him.

I felt my phone vibrate and when I unlocked I had a text from Ace.

From: Ace❤️

9:45 am

Hey. Wanted to know if you would meet me at that new cafe. I want to hang out if that's cool with you. Meet me after school ends. Cya.

To: Ace❤️

From:Quince😜

Sure why not. I'll be there just don't pay for my food. I hate it when guys do that. I feel broke 😝

From: Ace❤️

To:Quince😜

Then let me just stuff my wallet back in this here pocket and it's a date 😄

I smiled at his response and stuffed my phone in my pocket. I thought about what he said. He thinks it's a date. I thought of Jorge. I can't like him.

I shoved all thoughts of Jorge aside. I wouldn't let him interfere with my first date ever....pretty pathetic actually. Ace was taking me on a date and I was happy. The first time in a long time.