Chapter 10- If Life Wasn't Crappy

• Dedicated to Madison

Previously in "If You Knew Me"

All was well in the world.

*bzzz* *bzzz*

My phone vibrated so I took it out my pocket. I had gotten a text message.

From: Unknown (Private Number)

To: Quince😜

Stay. Away. From. Ace.

I glanced around nervous. I expected the worst to come out of this.

Quince's POV

I was deeply scared. It was like those scary movie shits where they go into the basement but they know it's down there. Fucking scary. Who would want me to stay away from Ace! I don't get it.

Me being my stupid self was oblivious.

Jorge.

It had to be. Who else. He was in love with me and clearly didn't like Ace. He did this to scare me! I couldn't beeline the nerve.

I started walking to my locker when I saw him joking with his friends. They weren't bullies anymore. Don't know why though. I was glad of the sudden change if heart.

But I want too happy about the texts. So I did something I would've never done before. I walked up to that bitch.

"What the hell! Why would you text me that. Are you really that jealous!" I spoke yelled.( taking normally but a little bit louder)

"What are you talking about????" His face was all confused. I knew it was an act though. I knew it was him.

"You sent me that text I just got! That disturbing text!" I yelled beginning to get annoyed.

"Quince, I swear I have seriously no idea what the hell you are talking about." He said it so calmly.

"Then let me check your phone." I demanded with hand outstretched.

"Ok." he shrugged and handed me his phone out of his bag.

I unlocked it and the background was of a porn star. Ew. I went to his messages and saw all his contacts were sluts in the school. When does it end!!!

I found my name in his contacts and looked under recent messages. It was blank. All blank. I didn't even question how he got my number. I didn't understand. If it wasn't Jorge who was it!?!

I apologized and his buddies scowled at me. They clearly weren't glad I just blamed there buddy. I'm also pretty sure Jorge made them stop so that's also pissing them off. Hehehe.

I was so confused. I had no other leads to who it was. I decided to forget about it. This person was probably all talk. I'm pretty sure nothing would happen.

I found Ace and we headed back home. When we arrived at the orphanage I saw Officer Georgia at the front door. ( changed his name because I realized his last name was the same as Quince's) his police car was parked out front and he seemed to be waiting for someone.

I got to the front and he walked to me. That someone was me I assumed.

"Hello Quince." He spoke.

"Good afternoon Officer. Do you want to talk to me?" I asked politely.

"Actually yes."

Ace took that as his pass. He kissed me on the cheek. He went inside and gave me a thumbs up and I smiled.

"Quince your father is going to be released from the hospital tomorrow. Then he'll be sent to court and the decision of whether he should keep custody of you is up to the court. And you."

"How do I have a say in this?" I asked confused. It made no sense.

"Since you turned 15, by law you are able to testify against or with your father on whether you want to stay with him or not. But you have to speak the truth to whatever they ask you so if whatever say goes against your father but you are fighting for him he may not get custody if you. So know what your getting into." He explained. I was glad he was here to help me and explained everything to me.

"Can I think about it?" I asked. I didn't want to but then I did I was confused on what I wanted.

"You have 2 days. I'll be back by then." He ruffled my hair like a father and left.

"Wait, I'm can I ask a favor." He walked back onto the porch and gave me a questioning look.

"I received this text earlier today and it's scaring me because the number is private." I showed him the text and he said something on his walkie talkie.

"I'll get back to you on this. But from now on I'm going to have to have another officer follow you but not right next you. It'll be from a distance. But I want you to save all messages you get like this." He handed my phone back and walked to his car.

As he drove off all I could think about was how fucked up my life was.