0. A Request from Past Survival

"The Future Foundation has fallen.

Members of the foundation, mostly the heads of each branch, had died during the event known as "The Final Killing Game" unfolded.

19 people had been trapped inside of the Future Foundation's secret base. Only 1 head seems to have survived, holding up the nearly dead body of Makoto Naegi, A member of the Future Foundation and the Ultimate Hope.

Reports deemed the man, Kyosuke Munakata, insane, and they locked him up in a mental prison. There, scientists record that all he does is scream about how he wants to see Despair annihilated.

Meanwhile, Makoto Naegi was rushed to the Emergency Room. Munakata had slashed Naegi over and over again with a katana in an attempt to kill him. Munakata was unsuccessful in the attempt and so he had tried to throw Naegi off of the edge of the building.

Luckily, Makoto didn't seem to have any internal injuries at all. He was only left with permanent scarring on his face, back, and left arm.

While investigating the secret underground base the Future Foundation has built, they found the bodies of 16 people. This includes 12 of 14 branch heads and 4 members of Future Foundation. Their names have been listed below:

Aoi Asahina

Yasuhiro Hagakure

Byakuya Togami

Toko Fukawa

Komaru Naegi

Ryota Mitarai

Juzo Sakakura

Kazuo Tengan

Kohichi Kizakura

Ruruka Ando

Sohnosuke Izayoi

Seiko Kimura

Great Gozu

Daisaku Bandai

Chisa Yukizome

May they Rest In Peace.

No other information is available. If you see any other survivors, please call your local police station."

"How boring..." Hajime Hinata turned the television off, rolling his eyes.

"What do you mean boring? The guy who saved us almost died for fucks sake!" Came a mad voice to Hajime's left.

"Well I thought it was rather boring. Of course Munakata would try to kill him, he'd just seen everyone else die, hadn't he?" Normally Hajime tried to ignore these outbursts of boredom, but today he was in a particularly bad mood.

Hajime has gotten a strange call from someone who had called themselves 'The ultimate survivor'. He remembered the conversation they had vividly.

"Hello? This is Jabberwock Island, right?"

Hajime nodded, then remembered the person couldn't see him. "That is correct."

"Good. I'm the Ultimate Survivor. I've come calling to ask for something."

"What is it?" Hajime asked. He was already getting impatient and wanted to turn off the phone.

"I was wondering if I could come to the island."

Hajime's answer was immediate, "No."

"Wait! Wait! Hear me out!"

Hajime sighed. "What?"

"I can make life much more interesting."

At this, Hajime paused. The last time someone had said this to him, they weren't really promising. However, should he give it a second chance? The man spoke before Hajime could reply.

"I will ensure you are never bored again, Izuru Kamukura."

Hajime tapped the end call button on instinct. He willed himself to feel anger.

He growled at the phone.

"Don't call me that ever again."

At the other end of the phone, the man Laughed as he heard Hajime end the call. He looked out at the horizon and the tiny cottages in the distance.

"Well... you don't really have a choice... I'm already here..."

Little did he know, life was going to get worse from here. Another Tragedy was right around the corner, and it was almost certain that he would never feel hope again.