14. Remains of Lost Souls

Hajime was lying on a hospital bed. His arm had been bandaged to the best of their ability. Since Mikan was gone, the others had to combine their knowledge on the subject of helping Hajime.

The Ultimate Imposter turned out to be somewhat useful, as he had hung around with Mikan long before the Tragedy struck. Some of the students asked him if he could 'imposter' Mikan but he refused rather quickly.

Mahiru did have a few ideas but Peko was the most helpful out of everyone. She must have learned some skills from her time leading up to be the ultimate swordswoman.

Eventually it got dark outside, and they had to go home. Chiaki decided to stay with Hajime instead.

This also felt very odd. This was the first time she had seen Hajime for a long time. She knew Izuru was not Hajime, but Hajime had accepted the Kamakura project all that time ago. In a way that made it seem like Hajime was fine with the idea.

Chiaki watched him. He still hadn't moved since they'd found him. She was beginning to worry a bit. But she realized how tired she was, her eyelids were flickering again and soon she was fast asleep.

Izuru knew it took a long time to switch from himself to Hajime. He had wanted it to be a painless process, but he found that it could not be avoided.

He couldn't fight against his attacker too well, since he had been using most of his mental strength to bring Hajime back to the surface.

Whoever they were, they had cut his arm off without being identified. That was something no normal person could do, especially with Izuru's power.

But clearly he was surrounded by 'not normal' people. Who would be able to do this so easily? He decided it would be best to focus all of his energy on bringing Hajime back. He wouldn't open his eyes until he knew Hajime would do it for him.

Izuru had to admit, he was impatient with Hajime. Why wouldn't he just come out already? It was so easy becoming Izuru, yet so hard getting out of it.

Hajime what are you doing?

Entry 04

Keebo

The subjects are getting along well. It took them a while to recognize each other through the glass but overall they seemed pleased.

⅔ Asahina seemed cheerful. That is a good sign, their personality programs might finally be kicking in. Soon, they will be able to talk and think like normal humans.

I had preserved their bodies in the coldest conditions we could find. I needed to be able to fix them up without much decay. It was easier than I thought.

Eventually I made their memory cards and uploaded all of their memories into them. Then I simply plugged it into their brains.

Well, it wasn't that simple but I wont get into details.

Apparently, other people have tried this technique before, however they didn't dare test it. Luckily we took the risk and it's starting to pay off.

Even if it does feel a little bit too Sci-Fi for my liking.

Some of them did need mechanical parts in replace of their old parts. I have listed here the requirements they needed.

1. Asahina (Po); Arm brace, Ribs (x3)

2. Togami (Im); Spine brace

3. Fukawa (De); Neck base

4. K. Naegi (Po); Lower arm + brace, leg brace

5. Mitari (Po); none

Keebo

Keebo smiled at his work. He felt like he was finally achieving something as the ultimate robot. He placed this entry with the other 3 he had written previously. He wasn't required to make them, it just kept his thoughts in order.