4. New Phones

"Hey, Togata, are you listening to me?" Nejire asked, waving her hand in front of Mirio's face. It was a little less than a month before the hero licensing exam and the two of them were sitting on a park bench on one of their rare times off after having had gone out to get boba tea, Nejire often choking on the tapioca pearls due to taking too quickly with them in her mouth.

"Ah, sorry, I was spaced out," Mirio replied, guiltily sipping his tea.

"When are you not? Anyway, Then Yuyu got me to-"

Mirio unintentionally drowned Nejire's voice out with his own thoughts, he didn't think about Tamaki nearly as much as he use to, but that didn't mean Mirio didn't think about him at least once a day.

Mirio and Tamaki were sitting in on the sofa in Tamaki's living room, they sat there in awkward silence, occasionally glancing at each other. About ten minutes before, Tamaki's mother had told them to sit down and that she'd be back in a moment with his dad, it was safe to say that the two boys were pretty sure they were in trouble. Why? They couldn't be sure. But what they were sure about was that they had never been addressed so seriously before now. When Tamaki's parents entered the room, their expressions were unreadable which only made Mirio even more uncomfortable.

"Alright boys," Tsukareta said, pulling up a chair and sitting in front of the two boys, her husband doing the same. "Before we start, I wanted to let you know, Mirio, that I've already talked to your father about this, so you don't need to worry," she explained which, incidentally, only made Mirio worry more. What on earth was this about that they had to contact his dad about it?

"Here," Yukito said, handing each of them a box and a tiny drawstring pouch.

"What?" Mirio couldn't help but mutter, taking the things that were handed to him and looking over at Tamaki who returned the very confused look.

"Okay!" Tsukareta exclaimed, clapping her hands together excitedly, only confusing the two of them more. "Open your pouches first,"

The two of them glanced over at each other before doing what they were told and opening the little pouch. Inside each pouch, there was a small charm inside, Mirio's was a dark indigo sort of colour that was vaguely in the shape of the sun, Tamaki's was goldish in the shape of a crescent moon. The two of them inspected the charms for a moment before looking up at the adults in confusion.

 The two of them inspected the charms for a moment before looking up at the adults in confusion

"What are they?" Tsukareta asked, nodding encouragingly for them to answer.

"I don't-" Mirio started but cut himself off to look over at Tamaki again who was looking more closely at the charm in his hand. Mirio couldn't help thinking that the look of deep thought on Tamaki's face was really cute but he quickly shook his head to get rid of that sentiment.

"They're phone charms," Tamaki suddenly mumbled, still closely inspecting it.

"Phone charms?" Mirio questioned, looking back at the adults. "But we don't have-"