16. Oh Boy, This is... Fine......

Nejire made her way back to the takoyaki stand before she deemed it quiet enough to make a phone call.

She had, of course, lied about not having Eijirou's phone number, she had made the effort to get it from him before they got separated at the festival's entrance. Nejire took Mirio's phone for several reasons but one main reason she didn't have the heart to tell him in the moment.

But first: calling Ei-chan!

Ring

.

Ring

.

Ring

.

Ring

.

Ring

.

Ring

.

Ring

.

Ring-

"ℍ𝕒𝕕𝕠𝕦?"

Nejire sighed in relief as she heard him pick up. "Is Yuyu still with you? Can you guys come meet me back at the takoyaki stand we were just at?"

"𝕆𝕗 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕤𝕖, 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕜𝕚𝕕 𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕪𝕠𝕦?"

"No, he and Togata are riding in the ambulance,"

"𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕪'𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥?!?"

Nejire winced and pulled the phone away from her ear slightly as both Yuyu and Eijirou yelled into the phone.

"𝕀 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕨𝕖 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕟'𝕥 𝕥𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕙𝕚𝕞 𝕦𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕝 𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣?"

"I didn't have the heart to stop them," Nejire sighed sadly. "Can you just meet me back at the stand please?"

"𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕘𝕠𝕥 𝕚𝕥, 𝕨𝕖'𝕣𝕖 𝕠𝕟 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕨𝕒𝕪"

Click.

It didn't take long for Yuyu and Eijirou to emerge from the crowd and approach Nejire.

"What now?" Eijirou asked as he stopped beside her, Yuyu soon following.

"We're going to take the train to the hospital, but first, I gotta make a phone call," Nejire said as she scrolled through Mirio's phone and found what she assumed was the correct contact and pressed dial.

It barely had the chance to ring before the call was answered.

"𝕋𝕠𝕘𝕒𝕥𝕒," Came a sweet voice through the phone. "𝕀𝕥'𝕤 𝕓𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕒 𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕖, 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦?"

"Uh, hi Miss Amajiki," Nejire greeted awkwardly. "I'm Nejire Hadou, one if Togata's friends,"

"𝕆𝕙, 𝕀'𝕞 𝕤𝕠𝕣𝕣𝕪, 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕀 𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕡 𝕪𝕠𝕦?"

"Oh, um, I just wanted to inform you that Mirio is accompanying your son in an ambulance on their way toooooo," Nejire dragged out, frantically glancing at her friends for help who were gesturing wildly in an attempt to assist her but only succeed confusing her more so she just took a guess. "Kameda medical center?" Nejire said hesitantly, getting two enthusiastic thumbs up from her friends.

There was a long pause as the woman on the other end of the phone took in the information. After an uncomfortable, on Nejire's part anyway, minute or two passed, the woman spoke again.

"𝕋𝕒𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕚?" She asked in a hushed tone, almost inaudible and borderline fearful.

"Uh, last time I checked he was your only son, so yeah," Nejire said awkwardly, glancing at her friends desperately who simultaneously face palmed at her.

There was a choked sob on the other end and Nejire's heart ached for the woman on the line.

"𝕆𝕙 𝕘𝕠𝕕," Tsukareta cursed, obviously covering her mouth in horror evident by her sounding muffled.

"Hey Miss..." Nejire said softly, trying her best to convey her empathy and every emotion into her words. "Why don't you grab your husband and daughter, we'll meet you at the hospital and explain to you the situation, does that sound alright by you?'

"𝕐𝕖𝕤," the woman choked out again. "𝕐𝕖𝕤, 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕜 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕤𝕠 𝕞𝕦𝕔𝕙," She added softly, slightly more composed.

"Of course," Nejire sighed before hanging up and pocketing the phone.

"That was Tamaki's mom?" Yuyu asked softly, getting a small nod from Nejire.

"Let's go," she said hoarsely, fighting back the stress induced tears from clogging up her throat and starting her exit of the site, Yuyu and Eijirou quickly following behind. "We need to get to the hospital..."