Tired (Drifter X Reader

Words: 441 WORDS
Warnings: THIS IS SAD! AHH! I REGRET WRITING THIS!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The mission was suppose to be easy. Take out of some of her forces and report back to Zavala, but after the battle was done, you showed the Drifter something that would haunt him forever.

You were leaned up against a rock on the surface of Io. It was night and stars here were so beautiful.

Your Ghost appeared to heal you, but you waved him off.

"Doll, what are you doing?" The Drifter asked, "What happened?"

"They got me good," you smiled as you looked at your husband of over five hundred years.

"Then let him heal you," the Drifter kneeled down in front of you, putting one of his rough hands on your cheek.

You leaned into his touch, "I don't want to this time. I'm tired, D. Tired of dying and getting revived. I want to die one more time, one final time."

"Doll.... (Y/N) please..."

You ignored his beggings, "Ghost, find a new Guardian. Someone who can easily protect the people and who can watch over Drifter for me."

"But, I don't want to lose you, Guardian," Ghost argues.

"Please."

At this point, Drifter was crying. With his other hand, he grabbed yours and brought it to his mouth and kissed it, "Please (Y/N), I can't live without ya. I've known ya for so long, you were my last living friend from the Dark Ages, please. I'll be losing my best friend and (wife/husband/spouse)."

You looked at your husband one last time, taking his appearance in. You could smell the gunpowder, rust, with a hint of cologne. You smiled at the Gambit handler one last time, "I love you with all of my heart."

You faced the sky again, staring at the stars that seem to reach out to you. You started to see some of your old friends who died, the Speaker, Cayde, Andal, they all reached their hands out for you to take.

"The stars are beautiful tonight," you breathed out, as you stopped breathing entirely.

You grabbed your friends' hands and watched as you left your husband and now your Guardianless Ghost realize that you were fully gone.

Before you fully left, your Ghost went down to the Drifter and kissed him, whispering, "I love you to the next solar system and back. May we met in another life."

The Drifter gasped, looking up, tears rolling down his face fast. He saw no one there so he just grabbed your body and cradled you in his arms, just like what he would do with your nightmares.

"Goodbye doll."