thirty six

• shawn •

It will be a new year in ten minutes. Andrea and I have been hanging out at my house for about two hours now.

I ordered a pizza when we got here and we already finished the whole thing. I got my guitar and we sang together, well kind of. She refused to sing by herself so she just sang along quietly with me.

I'd say it was a great way to spend New Years Eve. My snapchat story was already eighty-five seconds long... oops.

"So, you got any New Years resolutions?" I ask Andrea. She's
on the other end of the couch, drinking some of the wine my mother had. I was drinking some too, but not that much because I didn't really like the way it tasted.

"Be nicer to people." she says.

"I think you're fine just the way you are." I smile, but I can't help but laugh because we both know how mean she can get. "No, really."

"Never mind. I'm me and I'm not changing just because we are in a new year. Fuck that shit." she lifts up her glass a little too quickly and some liquid splashes out onto her jeans.

We both gasp. "You're so lucky you didn't get that on my mom's polyester couch!" I say a bit over dramatically, and we both burst out into laughter.

"How many minutes?" Andrea asks after we finally calm down, realizing I actually wasn't funny and we were just a little bit buzzed.

I look towards the television. We had the channel on where the huge ball drops at midnight, but it was on mute because we were gonna turn it off mute a minute before the ball drops.

"Three minutes." I inform her, grabbing a breadstick from the Papa John's box. We spend the next two minutes taking a bunch of pictures before I grab the remote and turn the tv off of mute.

"ONE MINUTE." I yell at the top of my lungs.

There is no Aaliyah here to stop me from being as loud as I want.

"Bitch what are you yellin' for?!"

But there is an Andrea.

"Sorry." I apologize and she just smiles at me.

"C'mon, let's get up." she says. The two of us stand, both of us have a drink in our hand and I have a breadstick in the other.

Ten seconds. Andrea and I count down the seconds out loud together, and when there's three seconds left I am
shoving the rest of the breadstick in my mouth.

I didn't get to finish chewing and swallowing by the time the ball had dropped, and I was yelling "Happy New Year!" with my mouth full and it kind of came out like "Hah-ee New Yur!"

Andrea turns to me and glares. "What the hell are you doing?!"

"Wha?" I ask with my mouth still full, hella breadstick stuffed in my mouth.

"We were supposed to kiss, idiot! But you decided to shove half a damn breadstick in your mouth!" she yells at me, but she is laughing right afterwards. I hurry and chew the remains of the breadstick, swallow it, take a huge gulp of the wine, and grab Andrea by the waist.

She falls into me and our lips stumble upon each other's. Her small hands grab my neck and she stands on the tips of her toes for me. Her lips move against mine perfectly and I couldn't think of a better way to spend this New Years than with just her alone. She pulls away, smiling.

"Hey... new year, new you, right?" I ask her and she rolls her eyes.

"You ruined the moment with that lame ass quote."

"I'm just saying, the new year comes with new chances. Like, maybe getting into a relationship? Maybe saying yes when a certain person asks you to be his girlfriend?"

"What are you implying?" she asks with a smile, her cheeks lightly tinted red.

"Will you be my girlfriend, Andrea?"

She's grinning now. "Well... new year, new me."

I smile as wide as possible and kiss her again, but soon I pull away so I can take the chance to say, "You ruined the moment with that lame ass quote." just to tease her.

She laughs. "Shut up, Shawn."

---

literally gOals ok

SHAWN AND ANDREA R OFFICIALLY DATING ........................... WILL THIS LAST? NOBODY KNOWS. LITERALLY NOBODY KNOWS BC I HAVENT THOUGHT ABOUT HOW THIS STORY WILL END LOL