twenty one

• andrea •

Cameron was over at our house for dinner tonight, and he brought Bella along. I scowled at her when I saw her. She told Shawn she wanted to get back together, but here she is with her boyfriend in my house.

The first thing she does is start talking to Madison and Teala, excluding me from every conversation in the room. Cameron caught up with Nash and Hayes, and Anna was in the kitchen helping my mom with dinner. My father was not home from work yet.

I looked around, sighed, then went upstairs to my room. I sat on my bed and got on my phone, sending a text to Shawn.

Andrea: shawn

Shawn: Yeah?

Andrea: bella's here with my brother. she's talking to my sisters, who hate my guts so i can't be a part of their new bond. it's like i'm not even here sometimes

Andrea: like i'm not apart of this family

Before I waited for him to respond, I shut my phone off and grabbed my book that I was currently reading. My cat curled up next to me as I sat in my bed and read, trying not to let tears fall.

I had two pages left of my book and I heard my mother calling my name from downstairs, saying dinner was done. I didn't respond. I wanted to call out 'I'm not hungry!' but I couldn't open my mouth to shout something.

I kept reading, and my bedroom door swung open to reveal Nash. "Hey, you coming down to eat or what?!"

"No." I reply shakily.

"What's wrong?" He asks me. Well, that's odd. He has always been the one to walk in on me when I'm in tears or almost in tears, and he's never once cared enough to see what was wrong.

"Just tell Mom I don't feel well," I say without looking at him. "Tell her I'm gonna stay up here and read."

He nods, hesitating to leave. "You okay...?"

I shrug. "Just go eat, Nash."

He sighs and nods his head, shutting the door. I sit there for a moment with my eyes closed, then turn back to my book. I finish it within a minute, and slowly close it.

You know that moment when you finish a book, and then you're forced to go back to reality? I hate it.

When I set my book on my bedside table, I just lay there, stroking my cat on the head for a while as she purrs next to me. Finally, I turn my phone back on and wait for it to load.

I had six texts from Shawn.

Shawn: Andrea, they love you.

Shawn: How could they not?

Shawn: I'm so sorry

Shawn: I wish I could be there for you

Shawn: Andrea ?????

Shawn: Where'd u go /:

He's too sweet for me.

xxx