thirty five

🎈 first update of 2015 :,)

• andrea •

Before we went to Shawn's cousin's party, we had to stop at the grocery store to pick up some chips or something to this party. He told me he always feels bad when he shows up empty-handed. I felt so much like we were a couple.

"What should we bring?" Shawn asks me, his hand in mine as we walked into the store.

"Hm..." I thought for a moment. "I dunno. Cookies? Chips? Alcohol?"

He rolls his eyes. "I'm too young to buy alcohol, sweetheart."

"I know, I was kidding," I laugh "and don't call me sweetheart."

"Alright..." he glances at me with a smirk, "sweetheart."

"Get out." I punch him in his strong arm. I felt just like Bella felt when she punched Jacob in the face and sprained her hand. Twilight memories, I miss reading those books. Most of the time I find myself comparing everything to books.

"Don't break your hand." he chuckles, teasing me and I frown.

We decide to buy this chips and salsa stuff and head back to the car after paying for it.

"I hate parties." he grumbles, starting his car as I laugh at his angered expression. "Don't laugh at me."

"Why are we going to a party if you hate them?"

"Because you like them."

"I don't like them that much." I say.

"Well, it's my cousin's party and I go every year, so yeah." he shrugs. We are just sitting in the car, not moving from the spot in the parking lot.

"Okay."

"Yeah."

"Cool."

"True."

"Just drive." I say, annoyed by him already and the night hasn't even begun.

~

We arrived up to a rather large house, bigger than I expected.

"Are your cousins like rich or some shit?" I ask Shawn.

"They have more money than the rest of my family, yeah." he answers, pulling his keys out and reaching into the backseat to get the bags. "Alright, before we go in, I should probably warn you."

"About what?"

"My cousin," he sighs, shaking his head. "Her name is Ashley. She's kind of... rude, I guess. She can come off that way, but that's just the way she is. She's very straightforward, and she's also way too full of herself."

"My favorite type of people." I smile sarcastically, talking through my teeth and Shawn laughs.

"Don't worry," he smiles, leaning over and attempting to kiss me but his seatbelt stops him. I laugh louder than I probably should have and cover my mouth with my hand. He frowns and unbuckles himself, leaning over one more time and kissing my forehead. "Let's do this."

We get out of the car and walk inside hand-in-hand, his other hand holding the grocery bag.

"Shawn!" A blonde girl that looks his age yells when we walk in. She 'runs' in her probably three inch heels towards him with a smile on her face. "My favorite cousin ever." She grabs his face and squeezes it.

He laughs uncomfortably, handing her the bag. "I brought this," he says, then puts his arm around me and adds, "and this."

She looks at me. "How old is she? Twelve?"

My mouth falls open. I go to reply with some sassy remark but I stop myself. I won't get into an argument with Shawn's cousin within the first minute I've been in her home.

"I'm fifteen." Is what I say.

"You're still the youngest one here." she states, looking back to Shawn without giving me a second glance. "What's in the bag?"

"Chips and salsa."

She laughs. "Oh, Shawn. We have plenty of food, you know that. We don't need this." she shoves the bag back towards him and I'm just trying so hard not to tell her how rude she is.

"Oh." He says with a small frown. Aw... "Right." he takes the back and pulls me somewhere else. We end up in the kitchen and he sets the bag on the counter, sighing.

"I see what you were warning me about now." I tell him.

The party was filled with people I didn't know. They were all mostly older than me, but not much older. They were like juniors and seniors types of people, and I was probably the only freshman here.

Shawn and I were standing around the kitchen eating all of the cheese and crackers when his cousin came back in. I got a better look at her this time; she was tall with tan skin, which I figured was from going tanning too much. Her blonde hair was medium length, falling over her shoulders in loose curls.

"Hey Shawny, you want a drink?" she asks, holding a red cup out to him. She then looks at me. "I'd offer you one, but you're a little too young."

"According to the law, everyone in this house is too young." I smile forcefully, shoving a cracker into my mouth.

Shawn smiles to himself, looking at me. "You're my favorite person in the world."

Ashley rolls her eyes. "Do you want this or not?"

"Nah." Shawn tells her, pulling me against him once again. "I think we're gonna head someplace else. Not really feeling this party."

"You come here every year. What are you talking about?" she looks offended and it makes me kind of happy inside. I am a terrible person, but I don't care.

"See you next year." Shawn smiles and I want to yell at him for making one of those stupid jokes. We grab our coats and soon we are leaving the house.

"Where are we supposed to go now?" I ask him.

"Let's just go to my house... nobody is home."

---

HAVENT TALKED TO U GUYS SINCE LAST YEAR!!! ew oh my god did i really just say that i hate myself let's never speak of this again