Withered Freddy

Withered Freddy is a older, torn, withered version of the original Freddy Fazbear appearing in Five Nights at Freddy's 2. This Freddy is the same Freddy from the first game but more messed up. The original Freddy was used to make Toy Freddy and that's how he became Withered Freddy. Him along with the other older original Freddy have all been replaced with the Toy Animatronics and he was replaced with Toy Freddy. 

Physical Appearance

"Slightly different from FNAF Freddy, now has two buttons on his belly."
-The Freddy Files,Page 38,

Out of all the withered animatronics, Withered Freddy is the least torn out of all of them. He only has a few tears and wholes throughout his body. 

In-game, according to Phone Guy on Night 2, it is explained that he has gone through an attempted retrofit, but was left unfinished after the management chose to make Toy Freddy (much like the other original animatronics being replaced by their respective counterparts).

Withered Freddy has a appearence simular to Foxy because both have their endoskeleton visable but all withered animatronics do but Freddy's appearence is most close to Foxy.

He also seems to be lacking kneecaps. Additionally, both of his knees are damaged; with visible wires poking out of his left knee. His body segment is also smaller and his hat is removable, as it is seen sitting on the floor next to him in the Parts/Service room. It should be noted that he still holds a microphone.

Appearances

Five Nights at Freddy's 2: Withered Freddy starts moving on night 3 but isn't really active on that night. He does not start on the show stage like he did in the first game. Instead he will start in the parts/service room in the very back of the resturant. Like he did in the first game, he will always be the last to leave the room. This time it being parts/service and not the stage. He acts differently than he did in the first game. This time he does not make a laughing noise when he moves. Also in the first game, it was hard to spot him but in the second game, you can see him clearly because you have a flash light you can shine now. Another thing is that in the first game, you had to watch him to keep him in one spot but not in this case. Like most animatronics, use the Freddy Fazbear Mask on him to fool him.

Unlike the other old animatronics, Withered Freddy is much less active and goes into the Office much more rarely than the others. However, he has a similar role to them and is still a very active animatronic. As with Withered Bonnie and Withered Chica, Withered Freddy does not appear to become active enough to enter the Office until Night 3, as he did in the original game. Freddy takes the path down the entrance hallway, entering the Office through said hallway, similar to Toy Freddy. However, unlike Toy Freddy, Withered Freddy has only one phase in the hallway before entering the Office.

When Withered Freddy is in the hallway and the player lowers the Monitor, Freddy will stand in front of the desk as the lights constantly flicker before he vanishes. The player must put on the Freddy Fazbear Head the moment they see Withered Freddy inside the Office to avoid imminent death. Delaying or neglecting to don the head will cause the screen to black out as normal, only for him to return and give the player a "Game Over" after raising and lowering the Monitor. He may also forcibly pull down the Monitor or remove the Freddy Head if left on for some time after failing to ward him off. However, if Withered Freddy is warded off via equipping the Freddy Fazbear Head, then he returns to Parts/Service, and his cycle repeats. It should be noted that the player must keep tabs on Withered Freddy when he is in the hallway, because staying too long in the Monitor while he's in the hallway will immediately trigger his jumpscare without entering the Office.

From the Custom Night, night modes where Withered Freddy is active are listed as follows:

-20/20/20/20

-Freddy's Circus

-Cupcake Challenge

-Fazbear Fever

-Golden Freddy

Withered Freddy does not appear in Ultimate custom night but does appear in other games that I am not going to explain because they don't have a lot of information.