Phantom Mangle

Phantom Mangle is an antagonist who first appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's 3. It is a hallucination of a burnt and damaged Mangle.

Physical Appearance

Phantom Mangle has, essentially, the same model Mangle did in the second game, but with a burnt appearance, possibly foreshadowing the fire that broke out in the establishment . It lacks eyes and instead has pin-pricked, white pupils. Phantom Mangle appears to have half of its left eye missing although it could be obscured by something else. Unlike its original counterpart however, its rosy cheeks are colored in blackish green while its lips are aqua-green. As seen in Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted, The normally pink accents on its feet appear to be sickly green, and there appear to be soot marks all over its endoskeleton parts.

Appearances

Five Nights at Freddy's 3: Phantom Mangle appears exclusively on CAM 04 and, when it appears in the Office, it will be behind the window and to the left. Phantom Mangle only appears from Night 2 onward, as do all the other phantoms.

Phantom Mangle sometimes appears on CAM 04 hanging from the ceiling and, once spotted, will start emitting a loud, garbled sound.

However, this sound is only an extremely garbled BPSK signal, and meant for ambient purposes. It is not decodable because of how distorted the sound is.

When the player retracts the Monitor, Phantom Mangle will rise up behind the window and remain there, playing the same distorted sound. Because of the loudness of the noise, the player will be unable to hear Springtrap's audio cues. After a few seconds, Mangle will drop down from below the window, thus ending the hallucination and triggering an audio error. If the player does not switch cameras after a certain period of time as passed, Phantom Mangle can, and will, force the Monitor down.

Ultimate Custom Night: Phantom Mangle returns as one of the selectable characters in Ultimate Custom Night.

Similarly to its behavior in the third game, Phantom Mangle will appear at random in the player's monitor screen. Close the monitor or switch viewing modes to make it disappear. If left onscreen for too long, Phantom Mangle will invade the office temporarily, causing audio distractions and increasing the Noise Meter, which can attract even more problems.

The challenges in which Phantom Mangle is present are as follows:

-Creepy Crawlies 1

-Creepy Crawlies 2

-Springtrapped

-Chaos 1

-Chaos 3