Cassette Man/Henry

You never know what he looks like. You only listen to him through the tapes

Previously an equal business partner to William Afton, Henry (known in-game as "Cassette Man") is one of the major characters in Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator that guides the player in the Salvaging process with tips on how to deal with the animatronics while filling out the salvage report. He is very similar to the Phone Guy when he talks to the player, but doesn't reveal a lot of lore to the story. He appears on every day during salvage and comes at the True Ending (where the player salvages all of the animatronics) and when the player is fired (where they do not salvage all of the animatronics).

During the salvage process, Henry will play multiple audio prompts where the player takes note of any state of the animatronic and sees if the animatronic will respond to the prompt.

If the player successfully salvages all of the animatronics, it will lead to the True Ending, where he sends a special message at the end of the game to the animatronics, the player, and his daughter. If the player doesn't salvage any animatronic, Henry will inform the player that they're fired from the company as "Paragraph 4" was not completed as per player's job.

Personality

Henry is a rather soft-spoken man, as evident by his recordings. He rarely expresses any hint of emotion, save for condemning William followed by sentimentality when speaking to his own daughter in the Completion Ending, as well as disappointment during the bad ending. He is also shown to be a bit dramatic in his speaking, despite the gravity of his situation, as evident by his dialogue structure in the Insanity Ending and Completion Ending. In his monologues in the Completion ending and Insanity ending, it is indicated that he incredibly regretted everything he allowed Afton to do, and showcased a rather sorrowful, miserable side to the point where he considered suicide out of regret. His mention of the devil in the Completion Ending likely suggests that he is also religious to some extent. In the end, when his plan came into fruition, he showed no care for his life as he presumably burned with the rest of the animatronics, showing happiness that the nightmare could finally end and that he would finally be reunited with his daughter, and that they would all rest in peace.

Tapes/Audio/Recordings:

-"Begin tape. Leaving dead space 3, 2, 1. The purpose of this tape is to test automated response times and reactions from vintage interactive attractions following audio stimuli. If you are playing this tape, that means that not only have you been checking outside at the end of every shift, as you were instructed to do, but also that you have found something that meets the criteria of your special obligations under Paragraph 4. Follow these instructions: document response times, then safely secure the space before leaving. Upon sealing the room, you are not to return. Begin audio prompt in 3, 2, 1. *High Pitched ringing sound* Document results...Begin audio prompt in 3, 2, 1. *Low pitched ringing sound* Document results...Begin audio prompt in 3, 2, 1. *Distorted ringing sound* Document results...Begin audio prompt in 3-*Gets cut off by * Scrap Baby*"(Cutscene)

-"Congratulations on completing your first day. However, your job isn't over just yet. There is another aspect to your end of day routine, and that is inspecting and salvaging any animatronics found in the alley outside the backdoor. Things are found here quite often, and while we aren't sure why, what we do know, is that they can be used for parts, which can mean a much-needed revenue boost before starting your next day. Of course, as with everything else in this line of work, those benefits come with risk. The safest thing to do is to throw it back outside. But then, you get no money for the salvage. Choose to keep it, and you run the risk of certain negative consequences – namely...death – should the item in question not be as docile as it first appeared. If you do decide to try to salvage it, then you must complete the Maintenance Checklist. During this testing phase, check on the animatronic frequently. If you feel that it is becoming unstable, use the taser provided to you. You can use it three times without damaging the hardware. Every use over three however will decrease the item's salvage value."(Salvaging)

-"Before you is an animatronic found in the back alley, we are unsure of its origins. It is your job to complete the Maintenance Checklist before claiming it as salvage. Or, if you choose to, you can throw it back into the alley where you found it, and forfeit payment. Please make your choice now."(Salvaging)

-"You have chosen to proceed with the Maintenance Checklist. Remember, use your company-issued taser to return the animatronic to a neutral state if you feel that it's becoming unstable or aggressive. You can only use it three times before it begins to damage the animatronic, and decrease its value. Begin audio prompt in 3, 2, 1. Begin audio prompt in three, two, one. *Distorted warbling sound* Document results. "(Salvaging)

-"Begin audio prompt in three, two, one. *Low pitched warbling sound* Document results."(Salvaging)

-"Begin audio prompt in three, two, one. *High pitched warbling sound* Document results."(Salvaging)

-"Begin audio prompt in three, two, one. *Low pitched buzzing sound* Document results."(Salvaging)

-"You have completed the Maintenance Checklist and may proceed with the salvage. Well done. End tape."(After each Salvage)

Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator Completion Ending

-'"'Connection terminated. I'm sorry to interrupt you, Elizabeth, if you still even remember that name, but I'm afraid you've been misinformed. You are not here to receive a gift, nor have you been called here by the individual you assume. Although you have indeed been called. You have all been called here into a labyrinth of sounds and smells, misdirection and misfortune. A labyrinth with no exit, a maze with no prize. You don't even realize that you're trapped. Your lust for blood has driven you in endless circles, chasing the cries of children in some unseen chamber always seeming so near, yet somehow out of reach. But you will never find them. None of you will. This is where your story ends.

And to you, my brave volunteer, who somehow found this job listing not intended for you: although there was a way out planned for you, I have a feeling that's not what you want. I have a feeling that you are right where you want to be. I am remaining as well. I am nearby. This place will not be remembered, and the memory of everything that started this can finally begin to fade away, as the agony of every tragedy should.

And to you monsters trapped in the corridors, be still and give up your spirits. They don't belong to you. For most of you, I believe there is peace and perhaps more, waiting for you after the smoke clears. Although, for one of you, the darkest pit of Hell has opened to swallow you whole, so don't keep the Devil waiting, Old Friend.

My daughter, if you can hear me, I knew you would return as well. It's in your nature to protect the innocent. I'm sorry on that day, the day you were shut out and left to die, no one was there to lift you up into their arms the way you lifted others into yours. And then, what became of you. I should have known you wouldn't be content to disappear, not my daughter. I couldn't save you then, so let me save you now. It's time to rest; for you, and for those you have carried into your arms. This ends for all of us. End communication.'' "