Balloon Boy

Balloon Boy is one of the main antagonist in Five Nights at Freddy's 2. He is one of the more human looking animatronics. 

Physical Appearance

"FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S Graphic designed animatronic child wearing blue pants, red and blue vertical stripped shirt, and brown shoes; holding yellow and red striped balloon, and "Balloons!" sign."
Scott Cawthon's page,

Balloon Boy is a human-like animatronic with a round body, peach-colored skin, large blue eyes, an orange triangular nose, red-brown hair, and a toothy grin. Like the other new animatronics, he has blushed cheeks, which are colored rosy red. 

He wears a red and blue vertically striped shirt with two black buttons down the middle. The propeller cap he wears also bears the same pattern. He wears blue pants and simple, brown shoes. His arms are stubby and thin with fingerless, round hands. In his right hand, he holds a large, red and yellow striped balloon, and in his left hand, he holds a rectangular sign that reads "Balloons!".

Personality

Suggested by the few utterances by Balloon Boy throughout the course of the franchise, he seems to be a shy sort of character, looking cheerful judging by his laughter. One of the game over screens in Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted describes him as something of a prankster.

Appearances

Five Nights at Freddy's 2: BB is completely inactive on Night 1, as he does not become active until Night 2. He starts in the Game Area and will eventually come to The Office via The Left Air Vent. With each of his movements, the player can hear him saying "Hello," "Hi," or simply giggling. BB will not show up on any cameras except the Game Area and the Left Air Vent, keeping his path of approach hidden.

Balloon Boy (other than some of the easter eggs like Shadow Freddy) is the only animatronic in the game that will not kill the night guard, but rather he will make an annoyance of himself by disabling the Flashlight and Air Vent Lights all while a sound loop of him laughing will play until the player is killed or gets to 6am. If this occurs, the player is especially vulnerable to Withered Foxy's attack, as he can no longer be stunned with the now disabled Flashlight. To prevent Balloon Boy from fully entering the office, the player must put the Freddy Fazbear Head on while BB is in the Left Air Vent, and wait for the sound cue that he has exited the vent. However, the player should be advised that the noise heard may possibly be another animatronic entering or exiting the Office or vents. Once BB has left the vent, he will return to the Game Area, and his cycle will repeat. If the player instead pulls up the monitor while BB is still in the vent, he will enter the Office. Balloon Boy will remain in the Office for the rest of the night, rendering it nearly impossible to beat unless it is close enough to 6 AM or Foxy's AI is set to 0 on the Custom Night.(The amount of sounds BB makes is important. If he laughs 3 times, the he is in the left air vent that appears on the monitor and when he laughs or makes his noises 4 times, that means that he is in the left office vent. When that happens, put mask on).

From the Custom Night, night modes where BB is active are listed as follows:

-New&Shinny

-Night of Misfits

-Freddy's Circus

-Cupcake Challenge

-Fazbear Fever

-Golden Freddy

Ultimate Custom Night: Balloon Boy returns in Ultimate Custom Night as one of the many selectable characters.

Unlike other animatronics in the vents, BB will try to sneak in through the side vent. The player needs to close the side vent and wait until they hear a thud indicating he is gone. If BB slips in, he will disable their flashlight. After about 10 seconds, he will disappear, allowing the player to once again use the flashlight.

The challenges in which BB is present are as follows:

-Pay Attention 1

-Pay Attention 2

-Old Friends

-Chaos 3

Balloon Boy has no voice lines but Hello, Hi, and laughter.