Nightmare Chica

Nightmare Chica is an antagonist in Five Nights at Freddy's 4 and one of the seven nightmare animatronics (ten if the Halloween Edition animatronics and plushtrap are counted) in the game. She is the nightmarish incarnation of Chica and similarly to her original counterpart, she hunts for the player exclusively from the right side of the building. Failing to take key actions against Nightmare Chica will result in a jumpscare either by her in the doorway or by the Cupcake in the Bedroom.

She was later reskinned to become Jack-O-Chica in the Halloween update, along with her cupcake who is replaced by a jack-o-lantern.

Physical Appearance

"If you thought her yellow feathers and orange beak made her sort of cute before, think again! Nightmare Chica appears shredded from head to toe, and has mismatched eyes alongside monstrous claws and teeth."
The Freddy Files, page 98,

Nightmare Chica is a severely deteriorated and extensively modified version of the original Chica animatronic. Although the damages to her upper body are relatively minor, her suit's lower torso is completely severed from her hips. Her bib is tapered off at the bottom, almost entirely reduced to shreds. Nightmare Chica's lower legs are painted entirely orange opposed to yellow with orange feet, and her kneecaps appear to be missing. The hands both have a similar design as Springtrap and the other nightmare animatronics. She has orange feet featuring multiple tears, with most of her toes being covered in black paint, as if the color was chipped off.

As with all the other nightmare animatronics, Nightmare Chica's head appears to be separated into two parts. Nightmare Chica's head bears a striking resemblance to that of the original Chica model from the second game, as both are large and seemingly split from the upper jaw down. Her beak is much larger than that of the first game's Chica. Her beak is also filled with long sharp teeth with roots colored in green tint. The top right side of her mask is greatly torn, exposing much of the endoskeleton's frame and wiring. Both of her puffy cheeks appears to have holes. Her eyes are gray and metallic. Her eyes are also mismatched; her left eye possesses red iris with a glowing white pupil while the right one seems to be lacking both a pupil and iris, to make her look like she is half-blinded. Nightmare Chica also has four seemingly identical "tufts" of feathers on the top of her head with few small pieces missing.

Nightmare Cupcake

Nightmare Cupcake, is a nightmarish counterpart of the original Chica's cupcake. It is held on top of a tray by Nightmare Chica.

It has been modified with a mouth of razor-sharp teeth and is seemingly autonomous. Its eyes are orange with glowing white pupils. Its pink-frosting is slightly darker in hue. The candlestick is thin and pale brown in color with a large vinyl candle-light.

Appearances

Five Nights at Freddy's 4: Nightmare Chica is an incredibly active antagonist in the first few nights. She behaves similarly to Nightmare Bonnie, except that she approaches the Bedroom through the Right Hall rather than the Left Hall. She starts in an unviewable area that connects the two halls. Then she can be seen peeking around a corner at the end of the hall or, if right next to the door, during her first jumpscare.

While standing in the right doorway, it is necessary for the player to listen for breathing, as turning on the flashlight will trigger Nightmare Chica's jumpscare should she be present in the doorway, with the added incentive of there being no visual cues as to her presence. If breathing is heard, the player should hold the door closed for two to three seconds until she leaves. If the player does not check on Nightmare Chica in a while, then her cupcake will enter the room and jumpscare the player.

Occasionally, metallic clanging and rustling can be heard coming from another room. This usually indicates that Nightmare Chica is not in the Right Hall, it is accually pots and pans meaning that she is in the kitchen, though flashing the light in the hall is still advised as a safety measure.

As with the other animatronics, Nightmare Chica is nowhere to be seen on Night 5, and is less active on Night 6 and Night 7, with Nightmare Fredbear or Nightmare/Nightmarionne effectively taking on her role instead.

Ultimate Custom Night

Nightmare Chica returns in the game mashup as one of the several non-selectable characters spawned by DeeDee and is always summoned By X.O.R who is deedee's shadow counterpart.

Nightmare Chica will only become active if she is selected by Dee Dee or X.O.R. When she becomes active, she will try to chomp down on the player's point of view by showing her sharp teeth closing in on them. To fend her off, the player needs to turn on the Power A/C, which will successfully send Nightmare Chica away. If Nightmare Chica fully closes her mouth, she will jumpscare the player and end the night. There is a high chance that she will be spawned by X.O.R since X.O.R summons 6 animatronics at a time but there is still a high chance that she will be summoned by DeeDee.