❈ 14. ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ

"Really?" [name] whispered out as she tugged onto Kyojuro's haori and he turned to look at her, flashing her a wide smile. He then chuckled softly as he bends down and kissed her deeply on the lips.

"Really. I'll come back, I promise," and [name] slowly nodded her head in response and he soon shut the door behind him as [name] remained in the same room as Kiriya and her younger sisters.

"Nee-san, it must have been hard on you to make such a decision abruptly," Kiriya spoke out and [name] slowly shook her head in response as she swallowed the lump in her throat.

"He... Needs to stop living now... He has killed too many people..." she whispered out as the memory of her nightmare resurfaced, and how she could only remember then she was kidnapped.

How she wishes she didn't have the same foresight as Oyakata-sama, but she could only know the truth now and try to make things the way it should have been.

"Everything... Will be fine..." she whispered out as she sat next to Kiriya.

"Nee-san... you are fidgeting a lot..." Kiriya pointed out and [name] swallowed the lump in her throat once more as she breathed in and out slowly.

"It's difficult... Going up against someone who has brought you up for your entire life till now... It's difficult... But he must be stopped," she whispered out as Kiriya held her hand with his tiny one tightly.

"Don't worry, nee-san... It's the right thing to do," he whispered out and [name] could only slowly nod her head as she walked over to her younger sisters, patting them on their heads each and pecking them on the sides of their heads.

"We will do a good job... I'm sorry for not being here most of the time..."

--

"Hey, so you're here. Nice to meet you, Kibutsuji Muzan," Oyakata-sama spoke out.

"Well, you sure look horrible, Ubuyashiki," Muzan spoke out and he had an irk mark on his forehead, clearly anger was boiling within his bones.

"You finally came to my home once again... Right in front of me... Kibutsuji Muzan... The demon... My family... The Demon Slayers... Have been chasing for a thousand years," the man whispered out and Muzan scoffed.

"Amane... Does he still look the same as back then?" he whispered out and Amane swallowed the lump in her throat as she looked towards Kibutsuji Muzan.

"He looks the same... Looking like a man in his late twenties. His eyes are still plum red and his pupils are vertical like a cat's," Amane spoke out and somehow she gently clenched her hands into fists.

"Oh... Okay... I thought you would come for sure... But this time, you are not here to be kidnapping my child," Oyakata-sama whispered out as he started to cough a little.

"I'm sure you are extremely mad at me... At the Ubuyashiki Family... But yet, you continue to bring up my daughter with so much care and love that none of us believed you were capable of giving. But that's also why... I was the only one who thought you would come to kill me yourself, before [name] finds out who she truly is," he spoke out.

"Answer me... Ubuyashiki... Did you take [name] away from me? Where is she now? Have you kidnapped her as well?" Kibutsuji Muzan asked with an irk mark on his forehead and Oyakata-sama could only chuckle softly.

"I'm truly disappointed, Ubuyashiki. I have lived a thousand years without showing signs of ageing. And the old family who has gotten in my way all this time is now reduced to this. Repulsive. Utterly Repulsive. You already smell like a goddamn corpse, Ubuyashiki. To think that if [name] continued to live with you, she will have to deal with this," Muzan spoke out.