32.

Thalia's POV:

slight smut scene 

I pulled up out of the scary building and took a deep breath. It was the middle of the week and I was beginning to get bored being home every day.

Harper was obviously at school, and currently going through finals which meant she was always skating over to my house for help on studying which I loved. It also usually turned into heavy make out sessions that I'd eventually have to stop before I took her all day and she didn't have any time to study.

Anyway, between Harper going through finals, my friends constantly busy at work and even Mario had gotten some office job in advertising, I was becoming restless with nothing to do. With my girlfriend's help I had made the decision to not work until September, I was secretly waiting to see what her plans were for the future so I could move wherever she wanted to go to college but I couldn't tell her otherwise she'd be mad at me for uprooting my life for her.

All of this meant every days were blending together, I'd wake up. Go for a jog, make breakfast, read a book or watch Netflix to waste the morning, have lunch, go to a Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meeting that I attended once a week and was followed by a talk with my sponsor, then go home and have dinner. I'd see Harper every night around the same time and I'd make her eat with me so I knew she was keeping on top of everything, she wouldn't stay though since all of her school material was at her house and set up in a messily organised way that I didn't understand. She would always fall asleep on the phone with me at night though.

So, I sat outside my ex place of work rubbing my clammy hands on my jeans and attempting to procrastinate going in.

I had been delaying the inevitable of getting my things from my old classroom since it was a little bit of a trigger. It was kind of embarrassing that I couldn't get through a whole school year without a mental breakdown and a relapse...

I took one last deep break and got out of my car, locking it behind me, and walked up to the entrance. When I walked in the hallways immediately bustled with kids, some with their heads down rushing to their next class and some taking their time. Apparently I arrived as soon as the bell had gone which was also a little off putting. I was put at ease when students and even some of my ex co workers began coming up to me and asking how I was and stopping for small talk.

I eventually made it to Principal Douglas' office and saw him standing outside ushering on students that had been fighting in the hallways.

"Oh! Ms Gonzalez, lovely to see you. Come right in." I just smiled in return and followed him into his office. It seemed I had only ever been in here on my first day and to help out Harper, ironic.

"So, how is everything Thalia?"

"I'm definitely better, I'm recovering and it's going really well. Thank you for asking."

"Great! That's good to hear and you're definitely looking healthier." He said in a non creepy way which I smiled at again.

"Thank you, being back here brings back a few memories."

"Ah yes, the whole Carrey vs Kendall situation." He chuckled to himself. "There was actually another incident after you left where Kendall took a few hits from Carrey herself."

"Oh really? What happened?" I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering why Harper wouldn't have mentioned that to me. 

"Kendall had actually been spreading rumours about yourself, nothing to worry about don't panic, and Carrey taught her a 'lesson'. I suspended her but she ended up needing a couple of days off school anyway for her  health recovery anyway which worked out." I zoned out as Douglas continued talking, thinking about how even when I wasn't present Harper was sticking up for me. I internally debated whether or not to still bring it up later when I was brought back by Douglas.