After the Basics

"EXCELLENT WORK! Everyone has successfully passed their tests, and with no serious injuries, with the exception of young Midoriya. You should be proud!" All Might shouted.

"It's nice to hear some encouraging words after homeroom. Mr. Aizawa was kind of a buzzkill" Tsuyu said. Everyone in the class nodded their heads in agreement, recalling what Aizawa threatened them with during their surprise
quirk exams.

"I AM HAPPY TO BRING SUCH STAGGERING POSITIVITY TO MY OWN CLASS! That will be all for today's class. I must now check on Young Midoriya's progress. Now watch how a PRO LEAVES! For I have SOMEWHERE TO BE!"

Within almost an instant, the symbol of peace vanished from our sights. In his place was a gust of wind, and the awe of the entire class of 1-A...

"Alright you guys.. THAT is a hero!" Denki gasped. "Super awesome..." Mineta mumbled.

While All Might made a dash through the large hall, he looked back and saw Katsuki Bakugo was facing down, looking at his feet as everyone else congratulated each other on a good day..

'Young Bakugo truly is filled with pride.. It may be justified, but this school may just shatter it.. I must counsel him. Not just as the Symbol of peace.. but as his teacher. It'll.. have to wait.."

As All Might rushed to the Staff Only exit, his body began to emit steam. He released several pained coughs and began panting, gritting his teeth as he was suddenly enveloped into the steam...

What emerged is a man that looked to almost be a skeleton.. a withered man with shaggy long hair, dark and hollowed eyes, and almost no muscle...

Despite how weak he was, he managed to make it into the hospital... only to get lectured by Recovery Girl..

"It's only the 2nd day of school and he is already a regular patient. Why didn't you stop this from happening All Might?" The school nurse questioned. All Might coughed up a response.

"Y-You're right Recovery girl.. I'm sorry."

"Apologizing to me won't do anything! Just look at him. He is too exhausted for my quirk. I can't treat all of his injuries at once. After the IV, we will have to wait for his body to heal overnight" The nurse sighed. "I know you passed your power to this boy, but don't spoil him."

"I'm.. I'm trying not to play favorites. But I had to consider his feelings.. if I stopped the fight, he would have believed that he isn't ready. That he isn't strong enough to complete the exercise. That reminds me.. could you please not talk about One for All when anyone else could hear?" All Might asked, earning a sigh from Recovery girl.

"Yeah, Yeah. I get it. Mr. Naturally born hero. Mr. Symbol of peace" The Nurse groaned.

All Might sighed, standing up straight as he raised his hand to his side. "Several pro heroes know about my injury.. Even some staff members.. but they don't know about One for All. The only ones that do are you, the principal, Midoriya, and a close friend of mine.. No one else can know the truth about my powers"

After a brief silence from the recovery girl, she sighed.

In the perfect world, no one would care how the symbol of peace functioned. They would accept that the power of All Might, the very same power that is used to save the world on a daily basis, could be passed on. They would leave it alone and help the Symbol protect humanity...

But if this were a perfect world, there would be no need for a symbol of peace...

Recovery girl sighed, looking back at her computer as she spoke again. "All that means that you have to be his mentor. You have to guide him so he can use the quirk properly"