Merman: Meet Y/n's Ex

Author's POV

...

9:45 AM

You were pacing back and fort doing one of your habits when you're feeling nervous, biting your nails. You were waiting outside the café for Jin. It's been three months since you've found Jin, letting him stay in your house and taught him the human ways of living. You and Jin became friends.

"How's it?" You asked him when he came to you with a blank face.

"I have a job now!" He cheerfully said and hugged you.

"Well, congrats! We have to celebrate this." You said as you broke the hug and looked up to him smiling at you.

...

You and Jin exited the restuarant where you should be dining in but turns out you just ordered foods for take out because Sehun was there which you didn't expected, Jin just followed you even though he doesn't know what's wrong with you why you just suddenly pulled him out with you. Tears of anger are threatening to fall from your eyes but you're trying your best to hold them back and keep calming yourself as you can. You're supposed to celebrate and have fun with your merman friend for the rest of the day, but seeing Sehun ruined your mood.

"Y/n can we talk please." You heard his voice that really sound so desperate just like the last time you've talked to him, you were about to open the door of your car but Sehun quickly catched you up and grabbed your free hand as your other hand is tightly holding on Jin's hand.

"I told you we're done Sehun, let go off me." You yanked your hand away from him but he grabbed it again, holding it tighter than before and pulling you closer to him.

"No!" He yelled at you.

"Sehun! Let me go, you're hurting me!" You yelled back.

"Yes it was a bet but I regret it...I really love you Y/n please give me chance, let's start again please Y/n.." He begged and hugged you causing you to let go Jin's hand who's still confused at the situation right now.

"Let me go!" Your tears starts to roll down from your eyes while punching his chest but he wouldn't let you go.

"You heard her, let her go." Jin sternly said as he pulled you away from your ex-boyfriend intertwining back your hands while seriously looking at Sehun.

"And who the fuck are you huh?!" Sehun yelled at him and looked down to your hands fully pissed off at the sight of it.

"Don't talk to him like that!" You yelled back pointing your index finger at him as a warning for yelling at your merman friend, he looked at your eyes filled of in disbelief mixed with anger for defending your friend.

"Why? Why are you with this guy? Is he your new boyfriend?!" He asked desperately wanted to know your answer, hurt and regret is fully evident in his eyes but you don't feel any concern anymore for him but anger. He broke your heart and your trust, he doesn't deserve the second chance. You thought.

"It's none of your business anymore! Jin let's go..." you muttered and divert your eyes away from him pulling Jin with you to the car.

"Y/n come back--" he didn't finish his words as Jin surprisingly punched him on the face.

"Jin..." You gasped and covered your mouth as you're surprised, your ex-boyfriend is now lying on the ground unconscious in just one punch from the merman.

"Let's go home." Jin said glaring at Sehun on the ground.

...

"Y/n?" Jin sat next to you with a concern look as he saw you covering your face with your hands as you cry, you have moved on from Sehun since you became friends with Jin but all the pain came back and hits you like truck when you saw his face again.

"Jin..p-please not now..." Your sob almost echoed around the living room causing Jin to frown and removed your hands on your face wrapping it on his body telling you to hug him and you did, finding it comfortable and relaxing, you let yourself sink into his warm embrace, it's what you need right now. You buried your head on his chest and cried out all the pain in your heart.

"Don't waste your tears for that human, you don't deserve him." He softly whispered to your ears while gently patting your back as a comfort. "Hey, I want to show you something." He slightly pulled away from the hug to see your face still crying, he catched your warm teardrops by his hand and did his magic for the first time which made your puffy eyes widen seeing it turns into a slight pink heart shaped pearl.

"How did you do that?" His face lit up and smile seeing how you're amazed at his power.

"One of my power." He said looking at you so softly which you didn't noticed because your attention is on the most beautiful pearl you've ever seen in your entire life.

"Can you do it again?" You asked feeling excited to see his magic again, hearing him didn't respond you made you looked up to him only to got your eyes locked with his that's still softly staring at you.

"W-what?" You stuttered and blushed as you felt like an ice cream melting by his gaze. He made your heart rapidly beats again like crazy for the second time. As a merman his senses are more stronger than human's senses, he could hear the rapid sound of your heartbeat and he like it. He like the way he make your heart beat like that, the way you blushed at him when he stare at you, the way you stutter and struggling to find a ways just to excuse yourself away from him. He didn't say anything and just kept staring at you, teasing you more. You rolled your eyes at him as you felt slightly annoyed at him not answering you.

"Whatever." You muttered pulling away from the hug to go to your room but only to got yourself being pulled back to his arms.

"Stay." He said intensely looking at you which made you gulp your own saliva and divert your eyes away from him but he placed his index finger and thumb under your chin lifting your head up to meet his gaze which made your eyes widen a bit slightly feeling nervous at his behavior towards you. "Stare at my eyes for a minute." He said and you gave him a look of in disbelief.

"Huh? Why? For what?" You asked totally confused.

"Because I want to." He smile at you and you punched his chest even though you know your punch just feels like bite of small ant to him since he's a merman who's strong and has a perfect physique. And handsome.

"Are you seriou--" he cutted off your words.

"Yes, I am. Why? You don't like it?" He smirked as he saw you rolling your eyes away from him again. "I'm just kidding. Let's eat these foods, i'm hungry." He said and chuckled, letting you go to reach the plastic bag of foods you ordered at the restaurant on the small table while you're just sitting there looking at him wondering if why did he acted like that towards you.