Chapter Five:

Theo Raeken. Theo damn Raeken. She clenched her hand into a fist as she felt the anger grow within her. She couldn't believe it. Theo was the Chimera. The picture she currently held in her hand was the boy she was slowly starting to fall for. A small tear escaped her eye "Honey? How'd you know his name?" her father asked, causing her to jump. She had completely forgotten  her parents were still in the room "I-I um....He-" she started but her brother cut her off and said "I told her because keeping secrets from her weren't right"

Khloe's eyes met Logan's with a confused expression. Why the hell would Logan cover for her? He widened his eyes and shook his head "I'm sorry I should've told you" Khloe blurted out "Right....Theo is our main target" her mother adds "Can I ask why?" Khloe asks trying to look as if she didn't care "A few years ago he worked with a group named the dread-doctors. He used teenagers as experiments, turned them into creatures who died. When his experiments failed he brought those teenagers back to life and created his own pack" her mother started. 

"He brainwashed the true alpha's beta who killed Scott McCall" Josie told her "But Scott McCall's alive right?" Khloe asked "Melissa McCall brought him back to life. Theo died but Scott's beta Liam Dunbar brought him back because he needed his help. He's claimed he's changed which is why Scott accepted him into the pack but a creature like him never changes" her father added. Khloe felt as if her heart had stopped.

"I need to go," Khloe blurted out, earning a look from her sister "What the hell are you talking about? We need you" Josie snapped "I'll be back! There's something I need to take care of first" Khloe told them, grabbing a hold of her crossbow and arrows. She unlocked her parents car and prepared to get inside until she felt someone grab her hand "Think before you leap" Logan blurted out "You haven't a clue about anything" she told him as she ripped her arm away from him. 

She started the engine taking a deep breath at the same time 'Woods.....Now! -K' she sent to Theo before turning into the road. She felt so many different emotions drift inside her but the one she felt the most was betrayal because she'd let her guard down for Theo to only get lied to. 

She pulled into the edge of the woods to see Theo's blue Toyota Tundra parked next to a tree. She loaded an arrow into her crossbow and set off into the woods. She watched as Theo waited patiently. She took a deep breath and aimed the crossbow at him. He couldn't see her but he recognised her scent. She pulled back the string on the crossbow and let the arrow fly. 

Theo collapsed to the floor as the arrow hit him in the stomach. Blood poured out from the wound "What the hell!" he shouted, his eyes flashing golden "You lying son of a bitch" Khloe snapped. Theo couldn't believe his eyes. The girl he'd started to grow closer to shot him in the stomach with an arrow "Look I-" he started but she cut him off. She grabbed a hold of the arrow and pushed it further into his stomach "No! You don't get to speak.....Because everything that comes out of your mouth is a lie" she yelled. 

"I can't believe I let my guard down for you! I can't believe I trusted a damn chimera who's spilt human blood! I can't believe you let me confide in you about my parents when you knew we were hunting you" she added as she twisted the arrow causing Theo to growl in pain. His eyes flashed between his green ones to his golden ones. His fangs began to grow "Stop!" He screamed, grabbing a hold of her arms and pushing her backwards. 

His eyes flashed golden again but this time staying the colour. He took a deep breath, closed his eyes and thought about something to calm him down. He held his hand out hinting for Khloe to take it but she knocked it away and used the tree to stand up "Stay the hell away from me!" She shouts "This wasn't the way this was supposed to happen" he tells her "Well it did" she said as her voice began to crack. 

She stared out the front window from her car "Damn it!" she shouted, punching the steering wheel in front of her. She could no longer contain her emotions to the point tears flooded her eyes. She felt as if she couldn't breath. Theo threw his back against the tree and slid down onto the floor bringing his knees to his chest. He could hear Khloe crying. He could feel Khloe's pain. Her sadness. Her betrayal. It flooded him. He wanted to scream, to shout. To let it all out but he needed to be strong.