Chapter Eighteen:

Josie ran into the house and into the hunters lounge where her parents and Logan stood "Mom! Dad! Khloe's betrayed us" Josie shouted. Logan's eyes grew wider from her words "She's with Theo....She's with them" she adds "I just caught her with Theo. Dad she's the one protecting him" Josie mentions but sees the confused look on their faces. 

"Don't you believe me?" Josie asks "Khloe's been with Logan all afternoon" her mother pipes up. Josie turned to look at her brother to see him smirking 'He's helping her' she thought to herself. That son of a bitch! "We'll if she's been with you all afternoon, where is she now?" Josie questions. 

"Melissa just called her into the hospital. Something about a dead body" Logan answers "Can't you see he's lying" Josie shouts "Who's lying?" Khloe asks walking into the room "You little bitch!" Josie snaps before slapping Khloe across the face. She pushed her away causing her to fall on her ass. 

"You dare do that again....see what happens" Khloe shouts "You're protecting Theo Raeken!" Khloe looked down at the ground and chuckled "You actually think I'd protect a Chimera?" she laughed "I saw you with him! You were kissing him" Josie shouts "I think you need to open your eyes because I was with Logan then I got called into the hospital" Khloe tells her "If that's true then who did Josie see you kiss?" her father questions raising an eyebrow "Kyle Dean. We've been seeing each other. If you don't believe me then ask him yourself" Khloe said sarcastically. 

Logan burst into laughter behind his parents "This isn't funny Logan!" Josie spat "It's a little funny considering you thought Khloe worked with the enemy" Logan laughed as he took his phone out from his pocket 'Do it now! -L' he typed pressing send to Theo. 

Theo read the message from Logan to the rest of the pack "We ready to fight back?" Theo asked them "Wait...before you send that text. Stiles are you 100% sure Khloe's on our side because if she's not and we do this then we're all screwed" Scott asked his best friend "She's on our side I know for a fact" Stiles answered.

"How can you be certain?" Chris questioned "Because there's one person in this room she cares about more than anyone. There's one person that means the world to her and she would rather die than let him get hurt" Stiles says, his gaze on Theo "She'd never betray you. She'd never let her parents put you in danger. I know how she feels. I just think she's fighting herself" he adds. 

"She told me how she felt but there was something off about how she told me. I think she's pushing those feelings to the back of her head. I think she's scared and not just for me. For you. For all of you" Theo told them "She's on our side. She's not gonna betray us" he adds "Okay! Then send that text" Scott orders.

Josie's eyes flicked at her sister then at Logan. She kept her gaze on Khloe to see her reaction to her parents news. Her father gave a shocked expression as he looked down at his phone "I think we've got him" he said shoving the phone in front of us 'You want me come and get me! I'll be at the preserve -Theo' Khloe's eyes met Logan with confusion. Josie watched the expression on her sister's face drop. She was determined to get the truth out of Khloe 'I'll fill you in. Just follow my lead' Logan mouthed at Khloe who gave him a nod in reply "What are we gonna do?" Khloe asked her parents "We're gonna go but first I need to inform the deans.....We're gonna need the help" her mother answered "Josie? You finished with your childish game?" her father says and Josie nods. 

Khloe took her phone out from her pocket and searched through her contact. She couldn't let Theo die without saying anything to him. She couldn't let him risk his life for her 'If you die I die x-K' she pressed send and waited for an answer. 

'I'd never leave you x-T' 'Don't you dare because you're everything x-K' She typed finally giving into her feelings 'We're gonna get through this but I need to know do I stand a chance? x-T' "Stand a chance with my parents or with me? x-K' 'with you princess x-T' A smile formed onto Khloe's lips. 

"What the hell are you smiling about?" her father asked "Oh.....Kyle just texted me" she answered "Bullshit!" Josie muttered to herself "excuse me?" her father turns to ask her but Josie just shrugged at him. 

"Okay.....Kyle and Charlie are on their way" her mother informs. Khloe looked at Logan who flicked his eyes at her then at Josie. Josie watched as her brother's eye movement changed the moment she looked at him. 

"Let's gear up" her father mentions "Can we meet you there? I promised Khloe a spin in my new car" Logan asks "Go ahead. We'll see you there" his father answered. Logan grabbed a hold of Khloe's hand and dragged her out from the room. He unlocked the doors to his new car opening the passenger side for her. 

"What the hell is going on? Why would Theo risk his life?" Khloe questioned "It's a part of our plan. We're setting a trap" Logan mentions "What trap?" Khloe says "If our parents see they're outnumbered they won't stand a chance. How the hell did Josie find out?" Logan asked his sister "She turned up at the hospital looking for Kyle. I guess she saw me with Theo" Khloe informs "Yeah...I'd say she saw you with him" he chuckled where Khloe slapped his arm "Jackass" she mumbled. 

Logan pulled up outside the preserve to see the entire pack already there. Khloe's eyes met Theo's. She took a deep breath and pressed her lips to his "You stand a chance" she whispered where he chuckled "But if you die then I'll bring you back and kill you myself" she adds. 

Theo heard as a car pulled outside the preserve "They're here" he told the pack who got into position. Logan, Gabrielle and Khloe hid behind the trees out of sight. Austin walked through the muddy grass area with Jenna. Charlie, Josie and Kyle following behind. 

"Stupid move bringing the pack" Austin spat. Theo gave him a smirk "You don't stand a chance" Kyle told them "Actually I think he does" a voice called out "So do we finally get to meet who's protecting you" Jenna chuckled "She'll only die with you" she added. "You want him dead you'll have to get through me" Khloe said as she came out from behind the trees. She walked over to Theo's side and interlocked her hand with hers "So...Josie was right? You're the one protecting them?" her father spat "We both are!" Logan shouts coming into view with his girlfriend "Shame on you!" their father shouts. 

"I thought you were using them? I thought this was a part of your plan. What happened to us?" Kyle snapped "You actually believed me? Oh sweetheart I'd never fall for someone like you. I'd never betray Theo. I've been protecting him since the day I came back" Khloe laughed "You've turned our own children against us" her mother chirps "No you did that all by yourself" Theo blurts out "I've helped both sides. I'd never choose between them" Khloe mentions standing in between her parents and the pack "Well I think it's the right time to choose a side, don't you think?" her mother snaps. 

Khloe took a deep breath and said "I choose you" whilst looking at her parents "Theo" she whispers so he could hear her. His eyes flicked at hers then back letting out a smile "Wise choice! Now shoot to kill!" her father shouts. Khloe loaded her crossbow with a light arrow and aimed it at Theo "Oh wait....I forgot something you should know" she shouted "Screw you! Screw your legacy" she said before shooting the arrow at the tree next to her parents "Cover your eyes" she yelled warning the werewolves "Run!" she told them. She grabbed a hold of Theo's hand and pulled him with her. 

The End!

A Story Written by Rebecca Stacey