Prom

*The Next Day*

"This is going to be so much fun," Red giggles as she plops down on the edge of my bed. "I don't usually get ready like this, so I am excited for what we will do today."

"Well, Ash and Karen know hair and makeup like they know crafts, so we are all going to look amazing," I smile, taking a seat on a short stool.

We've all taken showers late this morning, and now are wearing sweats with button-up shirts to easily change into our dresses tomorrow. To make it easy, Ashlyn and Karen have brought everything they need into my room, so now we just have to spend the next couple of hours getting ready before our dates pick us up and take us out to an early dinner.

"I can't believe all you girls forgot about dresses until last weekend," Ashlyn shakes her head. "Could you imagine all of you realizing that prom was right just a few days away and none of you had dresses? That would have been a mad dash to get something to wear."

"They are all focused on baseball and graduating, so I don't blame them," Karen says. "At what point during your shopping did you realize that you all needed a prom dress?"

"Oh, I think we had made it to the second dress store when Wendy's eyes went wide, and she looked around at all of us," I nod a few times. "She looked like she was going to faint, and she told us that we needed prom dresses. That we hadn't gone shopping for them. Bebe went into panic mode, which would have been easy to get her there after our moment. We were able to find some good ones, so it all worked out."

"I'm sure that we all have super beautiful dresses that are going to look amazing on us," Red says. "Now, who gets to go first for hair and makeup?"

Ashlyn is up first for hair and makeup since she wants to be done before working on everyone else. Her dress for the evening is soft pink, silky skirt to the floor, sweetheart neckline with thin straps. There is a belt of gems, and she'll wear the cute little maple leaf necklace that Ike got her. She decides to have a piece of hair braided on both sides of her head, and then pulls them up to act like a kind of headband. Other than that, her hair is perfectly straight. For makeup, she goes with pink and soft reds to go with the dress, which makes her look even more beautiful. Sometimes I can't believe that she's my sister when she gets all fancied up.

Karen goes next Ashlyn has now decided the order. Her dress is a royal purple, layered lace skirt to the floor, a portrait neckline with lace on the end of the short sleeves. There is a belt of gems with the gems spreading out an inch or so up and down of the belt. She has a simple heart necklace that Ashlyn had her buy sometime ago. She decides to loosely curl her hair, leaving it all down. For her makeup, Ashlyn decides on purple eyeshadow that matches her dress, then soft pinks for everything else. It always amazes me how just a little bit of care can make Karen look so beautiful, and how happy I am that she was able to move in with us. That we are able to take care of her like she deserves to be.

Red is chosen to go next, which I saw coming when Ashlyn said she was picking the order. Red's dress is a rich red, a puffed out skirt that reaches the floor, and an off the shoulder neckline that looks amazing on her. The torso has sparkles all over it, but other than that, that dress looks perfectly silky. A little video game controller necklace that I imagine Kevin got for her is perfectly shown off. She decides to pull up most of her hair into a bun, letting a couple curled strands fall down in the front. Her makeup is rich reds for everything, which almost reminds me of the pictures she has show of the time when she was a goth. She looks stunning, just like I knew she would.

Then it is my turn, which I am ready for. I know that the girls will take care and make me look as good as possible. My dress is a sky blue, with a layered lace skirt, and an illusion neckline with a flower pattern embroidered across the collarbones. It makes me feel like a princess, even if it is super simple. My Minnie Mouse necklace with the promise ring attached is showing off on top. The girls decide to curl my hair, and then pull half of it up out of my face. They even place a small butterfly pin one the side of my hair. Then my eyeshadow is light blue to match my dress, a bit of light pink blush on my cheeks, and a nice light red on my lips. When I see myself in the mirror, I can't help breaking out in a huge grin.