Having Some Fun

*A Couple Hours Later*

"I feel like I haven't been back here in a long time," I let out a breath as Kenny pulls his truck into his house's driveway. "Looks the same, which I don't know if that is a good thing."

"When was the last time you were here?" Kenny asks as he turns his truck off.

"We came over to get Karen's things when you died, and that was it. I honestly didn't want to get anywhere near this place because it reminded me too much of you. I didn't want to have a breakdown in the middle of the sidewalk because I saw your house. Then people would really think I was too far down to ever come out of the hole that I had clearly fallen down." I take a deep breath, "This feels a lot different though. I am happy to be here. To be here with you."

He reaches over, grabbing my hand and bring it up to his lips. "Only positive memories now." He presses his lips to my knuckles. "How about we head in?"

"That sounds lovely," I softly smile.

It takes a couple minutes for us to exit his truck, head into his house, and then make our way up to his room. His parents out for the evening; his father probably drunk out of his mind. There's no way we will be interrupted. This whole moment I feel blanketed in comfort.

"Well, well, well," I do my best to hold in the laughter that is bubbling in my throat.

"Fucking hell," Kenny groans as we look around his room.

It is just like the first time that I ever entered his room. There's various Playboy posters hanging on his walls, a couple magazines lying around, and some sexual items peeking out of a draw in his bedside table (those are a new sight to my eyes). I'm not sure if Kenny dying and being gone for so many months reset his room back to this state, or if someone came in and pranked him. Either way, it is definitely an amazing way to start the year.

"How did this even happen?" I take a seat on the edge of his bed as I take a moment to catch my breath from laughing. "Like, you took down all the Playboy stuff once we got serious, and while it never really bothered me that you read that kind of stuff, but it was sweet that you took it all down for me. This is just hilarious."

"Someone in my life, or afterlife, is being a prick for some reason," Kenny groans, struggling to close the drawer of his bedside table. "Which is crazy because I am a delight to be around."

I burst into laughter, falling back on the bed.

"What's all the laughter about now?" He huffs.

"Come on, you're saying that you are a delight all the time. That you've never teased someone? That there isn't someone out there that would want to get back at you for some prank that you did? I just find it funny that you would call yourself a delight."

He takes the few steps to stand in front of me, placing his hands by my head as he bends over me. "I am a delight, princess, and you know it. I'm not saying that I am an angel, because we all know that isn't true, but I would have thought whoever I've wronged either got over it or doesn't even remember. This is just mean."

"I think it's funny," I take a deep breath, running my hand through his hair. I'll always love the way it feels. "Funny that someone knew that you would have a girl over tonight, and funny that they thought to put all this stuff up. To put that stuff in the drawer."

His cheeks burst with red as his eyes avoid mine, "Actually, I have had those in there for a while, so they just opened the drawer."

"Are you embarrassed about them? The boy who is open about once being a player and getting with anyone they could, probably doing every single sexual thing more than once. The boy that is proud to be a perverted bastard. That same boy is embarrassed because his girlfriend saw his sex toys?"