A Double Date

*A Couple Days Later*

"How are you feeling Rosa?" Nicole asks as I sit down at the lunch table. "You look a lot better than you did on Saturday, so I guess that is a good thing."

"I feel about one-hundred percent better," I smile, unpacking my lunchbox. "My head doesn't feel like a cotton ball, my body stopped aching on Monday, and I have my appetite again. Kenny made me stay home yesterday just for precaution since they have a game tonight, and I wasn't going to miss it, and he knows that."

"He is too sweet staying with you the entire time that you were sick," Red says. "Taking care of you and making sure that you got better as fast as possible. That is the kind of boy that you never let go."

"She's never going to let him go," Wendy grins. "Its funny to think about how Kenny used to be. I'm sure he's always been a sweet brother to Karen, but to think we never thought he was going to settle down one day. That he was never going to stick with one person. Now, I can't even think about him like that. He's become such a changed man."

"This side of him was just locked up for some reason," I say. "I think he was afraid of getting hurt, so he made sure that no one he was attractive to could hurt him again. I don't know that for sure, as I've never asked him about all the things he did before I moved back, but it would make sense."

"He is a strange one," Krystal chuckles. "I'm sure his sister was getting a bit fed up with his antics. She seems like the kind of girl that would be able to knock some sense into him if she needed."

"She means the world to him. I'm sure that he would do anything if she asked him."

"How did you even get sick?" Bebe asks.

"I think it has to do with us watching that one game out in the rain," I shrug. "I'm not really sure. I haven't been that sick in a while, so it really sucked. Enough talking about me, though. I'm back now, feeling good, and can't believe that next week is the last day of school."

"We've almost made it," Nicole chuckles. "It is almost hard to believe that we are seniors. That we are going to be pursuing different paths before we know it. I'm going to be working hard to be a special needs teacher, while also pursuing this new desire to create clothes for people that don't have typical body types."

"That's wonderful, Nicole," Red smiles. "I know that you were thinking about fashion a lot recently, so I'm glad that you were able to figure out how to tie it all in. I'm ready to learn as much about video games as I possibly can, and maybe get lucky with one of my games taking off. It would be so much fun to make what I love to play."

"You'll get your break, Red," Wendy smiles. "I just know that you will. I know that people think I'll go off to become a doctor or something, but I don't think that is my calling. I want to do something big with my life. Something where I can get people to really listen. That's why I'm going into political science and history. Might see me running for Mayor of South Park one day. I'm not really sure how far I want to go, but I want to change the world."

"I wouldn't expect anything less," Bebe nods. "I know that people think all I'll ever amount to is being a pretty face like my mom, but I really want to do something with my life as well. I've been leaning toward marine biologist. I'd love to work with all kinds of sea animals. I want to help us understand them more, and to help them in whatever way that I can. I won't be a dumb blonde like my mom."

"That actually sounds like a great job for you, Bebe," I say. "I can see you working hard and discovering something that no one had even thought to look into before. I'll continue to work on my art, improving every day, and probably one day taking my web comics and publishing them. I'm hoping to keep with the streaming as well. Might as well keep doing what I love to do."