Chapter 3: The Situation

LYDA RAN

Lyda and Morra entered the training room to find a room filled with rudimentary sleeping situations. There were some sheets on the floor and cots, and there were already many a Jedi sleeping, exhausted from the horrible events that had just occured a few hours earlier. 

Some had passed out of exhaustion like Ahsoka had, and some who were more unable to rest. And then there were some who had apparently passed out due to wounds, who were being treated by a few droids. 

This was one of two rooms set aside for sleeping purposes, since the training room couldn't fit all the Jedi that were in the ship.

Thankfully, this new-and-improved model of the Crucible had much more room, as if it was designed with the purpose of evacuating the temple in mind, along with it's normal role of being used as a pilgrimage vessel. Lyda was glad that the old Crucible had crashed on Florrum, as it certainly wouldn't have fit all the Jedi that were rescued. 

No official count-up had been performed, but it was guessed that at least 50 Jedi survived the attack on the Temple by boarding the Crucible, not including Senator Bonteri and the droids that were brought on board.

Ahsoka wasn't the only Jedi who had brought survivors to the ship. Lyda herself had met three Younglings who helped her save and download the Archives, and she met a few more on their way back to the ship.

Ahsoka, however, had been the one to save the most Jedi. Her brave actions during the attack had saved the Jedi Order.

Morra laid down on one of the sheets on the ground, and quickly passed out. Lyda smiled. All these Jedi had just gone through so much, and they all deserved some rest.

Lyda felt someone brush up beside her. It was Katooni, one of the younglings Ahsoka had saved herself.

"Hey Lyda?" She asked.

"Yeah?" She replied.

"Do you think everything is going to be okay?"

Lyda thought about that.

"I'm sure it will be," Lyda said, "I know that."

"I hope Ahsoka's okay," Katooni continued.

"You keep talking about her a lot," Lyda replied.

"I... I know," said Katooni, "but for some reason, I feel some sort of connection with her."

"Well," Lyda explained, "sometimes people feel that way about someone who will be important to them. Ahsoka's probably one of those people."

Katooni's eyes lit up.

"Really?" She said.

"Probably," Lyda replied.

Katooni nodded and went to find a bed to rest in. Lyda too went to find somewhere to rest.