Chapter 10: Standing Where he Stood

OBI-WAN KENOBI

Kenobi watched as Ahsoka was on the floor crying after she had been knighted.

"T-thank you," she said, "thank you."

"Listen," Kenobi said, putting his hand on her shoulder. "You deserve it."

Ahsoka stood up, her face still covered in tears. She bowed to Obi-Wan, and he bowed back.

"Passing on the role of Grand Master to you, I am," Master Yoda said. "Into hiding, I must go. Come with you, I cannot.

"B-but why," Ahsoka asked.

"Listen, Ahsoka," Kenobi said, "It is your time to pass on what you have learned. You're a great Jedi, and there are people counting on you, Ahsoka."

Ahsoka nodded, who seemed to be trying her best to hold in her tears (and failing).

"Now go, and bring the Jedi into this new era, you will," Yoda said.

"Oh, and one more thing," Kenobi said. He reached for a box behind him and opened it.

"It's for you," he added.

Ahsoka looked in. It was a set of Jedi robes. Ahsoka smiled beneath her tears.

"Thank you," she said, for everything.

AHSOKA TANO

"Well," Senator Organa said, "the supplies are all unloaded. It really was a pleasure to meet you again and witness your knighting."

"Thanks," Ahsoka said. "I appreciate the help."

"Anytime," Senator Organa said as Ahsoka started through the door, her new Jedi robes (paired with her gold tiara) stunning those who looked at her. There was a small group of Jedi survivors waiting for her to come out.

"And by the way," Obi-Wan said, "I hope Lux treats you well."

"Wait wha-"

The door closed behind her, cutting off Ahsoka mid-sentence.

Kriff, she thought, Am i really that obvious?

But that was quickly cut off by a statement from Huyang.

"So you're a knight now," he said.

"Not just that," Ahsoka said. "Say hello to Grand Master Tano."

Huyang's droid eyes narrowed.

"Well, congradulatio- wait, was Yoda on that ship?"

"And Obi-Wan," she added.

"Why didn't they come with us," Zatt said.

"They decided it best to stay in hiding," Ahsoka answered.

"So you're officially the new Grand Master," Huyang asked.

She nodded, holding in her tears.

"Well, normally we would have some massive ceremony for this," Huyang said, "but given the circumstances, that is impossible."

No kriff, Ahsoka thought.

"Well that's too bad," she said. "But... I think I'm ready to do this. I will stay strong, no matter what, and I will do my best to keep the Jedi ways alive."