The Truth Isn't Easy

Sherlock knew exactly that he had to tell John what he had figured out, about Mary and Moran but he didn't know how. He didn't know how to tell him the worst of his wife again.
<<John, I need to tell you something.>>, he started talking to himself, <<No.>>
<<John, I've found something.>>, he started again, <<No.>>
He burrowed his head in the pillow.
<<Sherlock, I want to ask if you want to go to the park with Rosie and me?>>, John asked him, <<Sherlock? Are you okay?>>
<<Yeah, right. I'm fine.>>, he answered fast and jumped of his bed.
<<Park? Did you said Park? With you? And Rosie?>>, he asked while he passed John.
<<Sherlock, stop it. Please.>>, John said and reached for his arm.
<<Stopping what?>>, the Consulting Detective asked confused but knew exactly what John actually meant.
<<What is wrong?>>, John asked him worried.
<<John, not here. Not now. Not while Rosie is here.>>, Sherlock whispered.
<<Well, I'll ask Mrs Hudson to take her for a while.>>, John answered and went downstairs to their landlady.
<<Yeah, of course I can!>>, Sherlock heard Mrs Hudson saying totally impressed.
<<Shit.>>, he swore.
<<Daddy?>>, Rosie asked.
<<No, no. Daddy isn't here. He visits Mrs Hudson.>>, Sherlock explained, <<Do you want to visit her too?>>
<<Yess.>>, Rosie answered and laughed.
Sherlock brought her downstairs to Mrs Hudson and said goodbye to her.
Back in their flat the men used to look at each other for minutes until Sherlock broke the silence. He took a deep breath and started with a simply: <<John.>>
<<Yes, Sherlock.>>, John answered expectant and crossed his arms.
<<Well, John.>>, Sherlock pushed around a little.
<<Sherlock!>>, John said a bit annoyed about it.
<<Right. Ehm.>>, Sherlock said and scratched his head embarrassed.
<<Sherlock, listen to me.>>, John said, <<What ever it is...>>
Sherlock interrupted him and said the following sentences as fast as he could:<<Do remember the wiretapping? - Yes of course you do. I started thinking about Moriarty again and started to think about the pool and especially about the snipers...>>
<<The snipers?>>, John interrupted him like he did it before.
<<One sniper. Actually.>>, he corrected him, <<I do not know how to tell you this.>>
<<Just do it.>>, John said confused, <<Normally you don't care about what others feel about what you're saying, so what's wrong?>>
<<It's... It's something with Mary.>>, Sherlock said as quiet as he could say it but John understood him clearly.
<<Mary.>>, John whispered and dropped into the armchair.
<<John, she was there.>>, Sherlock explained and went some steps to John and tried to reach out to him.
<<Don't you dare.>>, he hissed.
The Consulting Detective went some steps backwards.
<<Why?>>, John asked, <<Why did you tell me this?>>
<<Because I thought...>>
<<OH, YOU THOUGHT!>> , John interrupted him.
<<BECAUSE I thought it is your right to know that she wasn't about to kill you or me.>>, Sherlock said.
<<What?>>, John asked confused and on the same way annoyed.
<<She was one of the people who had to kill us, just in case. But she was aiming the wall.>>, Sherlock said and tried to calm John down with his own calmness.
<<What?>>, John asked again.
<<What, what?>>, Sherlock asked confused.
<<So, she lied again.>>, John mumbled disappointed.
<<She lied to Moriarty >>, Sherlock said, trying to protect Mary.
<<Stop it.>>, John whispered, <<Just Stop it. Please.>>
<<It's fine. I know it's hurting you.>>, Sherlock said worried.
<<Give me a second.>>, John said and went in his room, locked the door.
Sherlock tried his best to be there for him but John didn't listen to him anymore.
He just sat on his floor, stared at the wall, didn't move and had the worst flashbacks from the time with Mary. Every now and then some tears flowed down his cheeks.
Sherlock stood the whole time in front of John's door until the clock struck seven.
<<John, I don't know if you hear me or even want to hear me. But I'll  bring Rosie in the bed now because it's time for her to sleep. I'll be right back.>>, Sherlock explained and swallowed all his pain to pretend that he's fine at all.
He was convinced that no one would see what he felt and went downstairs to Mrs Hudson.
<<Dad!>>, Rosie said happily and hugged him.
<<Well, It's time to sleep, my dear.>>, Sherlock said while lifting her up.
<<Sherlock?>>, Mrs asked worried, <<What's happened?>>
<<The clock struck seven and this means it's time for my girl to sleep.>>, he explained.
<<Sherlock, I-->>
<<Not now, Mrs Hudson. Rosie needs her sleep.>>, he interrupted her, gave her a little kiss on her cheek and left her flat with Rosie.
<<You will sleep in my bed tonight.>>, Sherlock said to her and went in his room.
<<Why?>>, she asked.
<<Because Daddy has a surprise for you, for your birthday.>>, Sherlock lied and smiled back to her.
Rosie smiled bright and smirked.
<<But for now. You have to sleep.>>, he said smiling and threw himself backwards on the bed with her.
<<No!!>>, Rosie said laughing.
<<Yes!!>>, Sherlock answered and tickled her.
They laughed so much and for a short time Sherlock forgot about John.
He told her the story from the dragon slayer again. Until she finally fell asleep.
Sherlock went to John's door again and sat there, leaning on the door.
<<John, Rosie is sleeping, but she will need her Daddy and her toy. Please.>>, Sherlock said worried and knocked on the door.
John was lost in his thoughts, he still neither moved nor heard what Sherlock said.
Hours passed. And with almost every second that Sherlock worried about him, he became more restless.
<<John, one word.>>, Sherlock whispered almost crying, <<Just one word to let me know that you're here.>>