The Game Is On

John was reading news on his laptop. He started reading the titles out loud, <<"Start reusing plastic materials to save our world", ""Sunflowers" by da Vinci is going to be on the auction, get ready to buy it", " A funny frog was photographed while the racket was starting it's way", Oh, my horoscope for today! "Today you should honor the ones you love the most and show them that you're thankful to haven them" Oh, such a crap, I don't believe in it anyways.>>, said John and went to Sherlock's room.
Mrs Hudson visited the detective's room, she brought him his morning newspaper and read one of the titles out loud: <<"In the Arbat street took place a suicide or murder, police is still doubting, read below to learn more about it" A new case, Sherlock, it might cheer you up!>>
<<Continue reading, please.>>, Sherlock replied with his own interest.
<<They say it looked like a suicide as there had been found a note, confirming that it's a suicide, but as the police had talked to the victim's relatives, they said he had been nervous last time they had seen him, and the relatives were pretty sure that he (Timothee) couldn't commit suicide.What do you think about it, Sherlock?>>, she asked.
<<The game, Mrs Hudson, is on!>>, shouted genius detective with a happiness in his voice.
<<I'm in!>>, said John with excitement.
Lestrade rushed in 221b. <<We need your help, Sherlock!>>, he shouted while breathing hard.
<<You're as late as Moffat with season 5, my friend!>>, Sherlock replied.
As soon as they arrived at the victim's house Sherlock got out of the cab and turned his collar up.
The victim was middle aged, he taught literature at school, he always was attentive and kind and as he was a teacher - he loved discipline in house work. There were a lot of books in the house - the teacher probably knew an important secret.
<<May I see his last note?>>, Sherlock asked Lestrade.
<<Here you are.>>, said Lestrade and gave him the note.
<<Suicide committed old tired teacher I see no exit x Timothee.>>, the Detective read the note out loud.
Anderson opened the door of another room. <<You see, it approves that it was a suicide.>>, he said.
<<Yes, thank you for your input.>>, said Sherlock and closed the door.
<<Oh, it's a simple code, the easiest one to decode. Look at first letters of each word, it says "Scott is next".>>, said the Consulting Detective and denied the possibility of happening a suicide.
Lestrade wrote down some notes and then started searching for Scotts that might have something in common with the teacher. Eventually, they found that Scott who may be the next victim and headed to his house. But they were late.
<<One more corpse...>>, John sighed.
Sherlock was looking for clues while John was examining the body. Finally, Sherlock came across a small table with an empty piece of paper and a lemonade. It looked strange.
<<He was a chemistry teacher, judging by a chemistry equipment. This is not odd that a lemonade, a sheet of paper and a straw are here together - he used an invisible ink and a straw to write something here. Now we need something to heat the sheet up in order to see the text.>>, concluded Sherlock.
Someone brought an iron for them, so they heated it up and saw an order of numbers:
4 74 18 75 7 8 62 8 88 7. Sherlock read it slowly and started thinking what a decode might be.
<<He was a chemistry teacher, so a decode might be connected with his job.>>, he said and imagined in his mind a periodic table of Mendeleev.
<<Look, John. I tried to decode it with a periodic table of Mendeleev and it makes sense. The fourth element is Beryllium, and it's written like Be. Then the 74th - it's Wolfram, W. 18 - Argon, Ar; 75 - Rhenium, Re. We have Beware now, the first word of the message. We'll get "Beware of S Moran" after decoding it in the same way.>>, Sherlock explained everything to John and Lestrade.
<<Oh, look! There's something on the other side of it!>>, Lestrade noticed.
<<Same decode, I guess. 16 92 7 53 16 9 13 34.>>, said Sherlock and went to his mind palace to figure out the result after the message been decoded, <<it says "Sun is false".>>, said Sherlock after 25 seconds in his mind palace.
<<He was a teacher, a teacher of science and chemistry, he couldn't deny the well-known and approved truth. Then what is fake?>>, John questioned his friend.
<<Sun, fake, SUN, what can be connected with sun? Sunglasses, sunny, sun cream, sunshine, Sunday, sunflower, a newspaper "The sun"...>>, the consulting detective started listing the options of words having "sun" in them.
<<A sunflower? I heard something about it today... Ugh, I can't remember.>>, John interrupted Sherlock and put his fingers on his head, trying to recall what he heard about it.