Chapter 17

We start clawing at our clothes, not seeming to get them off quickly enough. I hear a few rips, but all I care about is getting him inside me, feeling him all over and around me. Being bathed in his scent and covered in him. All of him. For the first time in our happily ever after.

I still can't wrap my head around what just happened, but then again, I can't really think right now. All I can do is feel.

Feel his hand exploring my body, his teeth griping my bottom lip, his erection pressing against me. And I want more.

I free him from his tee and take a step back, admiring the view. His breath is ragged, his hair is a mess, his cheeks are flushed, and the lust in his eyes makes for a beautiful sight. I smile.

"Like what you see?" Adam asks, smiling back, his voice so low and husky it makes me shiver with anticipation.

I grab his head and pull him towards me, while he works on my clothes. I free him from his pants and he pushes me against the wall, spinning me around so he's facing my back. His hand hitches my leg up and sets my knee on top of my dresser. He rubs his length on my ass, pulling hard on my hips to give himself more sensation.

I moan, just feeling his hardness against me, and look back at him while I continue to move my hips.

He grabs the lace of my thong and rips it off. I gasp, and chuckle, but not for long.

His fingers find their way to my sensitive nub and he starts working me, placing hot kisses on my neck.

I turn around, feeling completely out of control, and push him on the bed. I swiftly remove his boxers and straddle him.

He sucks one of my breasts and pinches the nub on the other. I moan his name, and he growls in response.

I lift myself up and place myself at his tip. I pull back to look into his eyes and take him in completely in one hard thrust.

"Elle," he grunts, his head rolling back.

I continue to pull out completely, coming back down with a moan each time.

"I love you," he whispers in my ear while nibbling on my earlobe.

"I love you too," I want to say, but my orgasm hits me and I come undone with his words in my ear. He's not far behind, and he captures my nipple with his mouth as he loses control.

We stay unmoving for a few minutes, panting, before he gently pulls out and we both crash onto the bed.

He pulls me into his arms, and, nestled perfectly into the crook of his neck, I feel at home.

I smile and hold him tighter.

When I start to drift away, my eyelids flutter back up, and my eyes are wide as I stare up at him. He seems to know what I'm thinking.

"Sleep, my love. I'm going to be here when you wake up. I'm never leaving you again, I promise." He kisses the top of my forehead, and just like that, I trust what he says.

I fall into a deep, soothing sleep, and dream of the future I always wished I would have coming true, never having felt so complete.

______

The next morning, I open my eyes slowly and the first thing I see is the ring on my left finger. I blink a few times, the previous night slowly coming back to memory, and I smile. I turn around and Adam is already awake, looking at me with a peaceful face. Thank god he's still here.

"Good morning my sweet fiancée, mother of my child and love of my life." I get butterflies in my stomach and the emotion is overtaking me again. Pools of water form in my eyes, and I try to blink them away. I can tell he feels the same way I do, because his eyes are as wet as mine.

"Hi," I answer with a grin. "I still can't believe it. Any of it."

"Neither can I. I'm going to be a dad." He whispers, emotion making his voice crack.

"The greatest," I reply. I roll onto him, and kiss him fiercely. This is officially the first day of the rest of our lives, and I feel like I'm walking on sunshine. It's almost too good to be true.

I break the kiss to stare at my ring. It's even more beautiful in the sunlight. It shines brightly on my hand and it's just big enough, delicate enough, vintage but modern enough; just plain perfect.

"It was my nonna's ring. She gave it to me a month after we started dating. Said she knew you were the one because of the way I looked at you. That it was the way my grandfather looked at her." He hesitates, but continues. "I wish she could have seen it on your finger... You know, I was going to give it to you the day you told me about the job... and then again the day my sister told me about the pharmacy." Sadness shoots across his features and it makes my gut clench.

"Adam...I can't believe it." I'm stunned and enamoured with the fact that his grandmother had given him the ring for me, so early in our relationship. But I also feel a stinging sensation in my eyes, knowing he was going to propose on that beautiful night he'd planned for me, the night that was the beginning of the end of our relationship. And then, to know he was going to give it to me before he even knew I was pregnant... emotion was overwhelming me again.

"Elle, it's ok. None of that matters now, you're mine. And she knows it." He kisses my forehead, then both of my eyelids, cheeks, and finally, he takes my mouth in a sweet lip lock that quickly has me panting for air.

He's right, it doesn't matter what had happened or not happened. The important thing, the thing we needed to focus on, is that we'd manage to catch up on almost everything we'd missed out on in a few weeks, and I couldn't be happier about it. My life feels complete, and I'm going to focus on that.

I deepen the kiss, and I pull him on top of me, needing to feel his weight, needing to be in the safeness of his grasp.