28

Ryan.

August, 3rd.

We finally moved everything we need from our houses, into our new home. All the work was done for now, and we had a completely furnished home. I laid on the living room floor and smiled, as we talked. I was content in knowing this place did an entire 360, within two weeks.

"What are y'all wearing tonight?"

"Remember, its formal. So dress cute."

Tonight we were throwing a house warming party, it was something small with just our families, since nobody has seen the finished product yet.

"You guys think Aliyah's coming?"

"I doubt it."

We hadn't seen, or from her since the last I took her food, and that was well over a month ago. According to her coworkers, she picked up her life and moved out of Houston, something along the lines of not being able to handle the pressure of Arii's condition. Which confused everyone because, we were the ones paying Ariiyah's hospital bills, not her.

"Arii's going to be heartbroken."

"Let's just hope for the best."

We left that topic alone and started discussing who was making what foods. I wanted it to be a lot to choose from. Surprisingly, everyone woke up early today so we could get everything together, we wanted our parents to trust us in knowing we could handle a house.

"Its 10 and I need to start cookin' before 1."

"Right, if y'all want my shit to be good, I gotta cook early."

"Y'all talking too much, get up and get dressed."

"I'm kinda feeling my sweats." Chris laughed, looking at us.

Everyone looked at our lounge clothes and busted out laughing. We woke up and just started cleaning, no one bothered to get dressed.

"Wanna say fuck it and just go like this?"

"Fuck it." I sung grabbing the keys.

"Its 10:30 in the morning, why is this bitch packed to a T?" Maleek sighed, as we walked into the store.

345 dollars later, we were back at the car and on the way home. I was looking at the receipt and Chris snatched it, looking over it. I sucked my teeth at him, as August pulled into the driveway.

"Do y'all not understand that, if we didn't have the jobs we have, we'd be broke." Maleek laughed, as they brought in the groceries.

"Now say thank you Ryan for keeping both jobs."

"Nah, Amazon is the reason why we straight." August added, making Tae, Chris and Karter nod.

"Its definitely UPS." Maleek waved them
off.

"I just feel like its Sephora." Imani said and Dess high-fived her.

"It's definitely WalMart and the Daycare."

"How about its all of us."

We agreed and started unloading bags and washing the groceries off. Once we filled the fridge and the pantries, I went to my room to take a nap, while they took a nap.

"You still making the deserts right?"

I nodded at Dess and she closed my door back. I changed my clothes and laid down, relaxing my body. After setting an alarm for six thirty, I got comfortable and closed my eyes. My sleep was disrupted by the bed dipping. My contacts weren't in so, I didn't bother looking. I felt someone lay beside me, and knew who it was by their scent.