29

Ryan.

"Sean said we're meeting at the beach, then going to Shelia house for the cookout."

"What the fuck do I look like celebrating the fourth of July as a black man?"

"Its my mom birthday and it's not July, it's August."

"Then I better not hear one 'Happy Fourth'." Chris said.

"Bro it's fucking August."

They all looked at me and busted out laughing. I don't understand why though, because I was serious. We stopped talking about that, and Maleek started putting his hands through my hair.

"Its really the inches for me." He joked.

I smiled and shook my head, letting my hair flow. After being natural for a long time, I finally let Tae do my hair again.

"What time are we leavin'?"

"Within the next hour."

"Are we spenninanight?"

"Yea, fasho. We all have ta' sleep in my old room though."

Everyone nodded and I left the dining room to get ready. Sitting on my floor, I started to bag one of my mom's gifts.

"Not you bought ha' a Chanel."

"She literally deserves a Birkin, but i'm not about to go through that process." I said, earning a laugh from him. "I'm going to just leave it in its bag, help me wrap the rest?"

He pushed me out the way and began wrapping them for me. Standing up, I began packing a over night bag and something slight to wear, since we were going to a beach. After deciding my outfit, I hopped in the shower. Walking out, I saw him on my floor sleeping.

"At least he finished the gifts."

I dressed myself and took my belongings to the car. Coming back in, I grabbed Kai, dressing her and packing her diaper bag, then went back to my room.

"Baby, get up."

Once he got up, he went to his room leaving Kai and I to take videos. Thirty minutes later, we were on the road.

"Can we please stop?"

"Ryan shut up and sit back."

I leaned back and put in my airpods, mad as hell. All I wanted was food but they ignoring me. Letting my music play, I leaned my head on the window and drifted to sleep.

"This bitch was whining, now she sleep?"

"I should pull the fuck off."

"Leave my girl alone." He shook me. "Baybeh say ya' order so they can shut the fuck up."

My eyes fluttered and I yawned, trying to see where we were.

"Just ha' a 12 count meal, with a sprite and polynesian sauce."

I smiled at him remembering my order, and opened my eyes completely.

"It's ten in the morning, I want to sleep" Imani whined, as we got our food.

"Bae eat, then you can go back to sleep."

Maleek got back on the road and I quietly ate my food. Once I was done, I leaned on August and fell back asleep.

"Tae, get yo big ass head off my shoulder." Chris yelled, waking me up.

"Are we there yet." August asked aggravated.

"Half hour left."

"Just say 30 mins, smartass."

"I should've rode with Karter and my nieces." August sighed, looking up.