Chapter 17: Training Our Powers, the Charms, and Kitana's recruitment

Bri and I were training our powers to see what all they could do. We found out I can use my wind powers to float. Bri can make weapons outta ice, and freeze anything. We also found out we can transfer our powers into our weapons, so long as we don't throw them. I can also make mini-tornadoes and float when I meditate now.

"Together, we can be unstoppable!!" I told Bri. She agreed with me.

"Hey, can you help me with something?" Bri asked me.

"Sure, what is it?"

Can you help me get a rock outta the ground?"

"Sure, one sec." Then I made a rock rise from the ground. "What're you gonna do with it?"

"I'm gonna make a charm for Sub-Zero, to thank him for promising to protect me."

"Awwwwwwww. Hey do ya think you could help me make something for Kung Lao when you're done with your charm?"

"Sure!" Then she got to work on her charm for Sub-Zero. I left her alone and got to work on the materials for mine. First, I got the stones needed to make it. I found some Redstones and a big onyx rock. Then I worked out the design for it.

"Hey, I finished my charm for Sub-Zero, whadaya think?" Bri said as she walks over to me. It's in a teardrop shaped case. The regular old rock now looks like obsidian. The rock's in a bunch of glass shaped like a tear drop and there's water under the glass.

"Woah... That looks amazing Bri!"

"Thanks, now let's work on yours."

"Ok I have the design work out and I've decided to make two of them. One for me, one for him. They can be medallions. The middle can be Redstone in the shape of a heart. The outer part can be some onyx I found. The redstone'll glow brighter when they get near each other. Once we figure that out of course."

"Sweet. Let's do this." She says. She helped me shape the Redstones into hearts and the onyx to fit the Redstones. We figure out how to get the Redstones to glow brighter when they get nearer to each other.

"Thanks for helping me out Bri."

"No prob. I'm gonna give my charm to Sub-Zero now."

"Alright, I'll give one of mine to Kung Lao." I said, then I found Kung Lao sitting under a tree. "Hey Kung Lao, I got a surprise for you." I told him, then give him the medallion.

"Wow, this is amazing! You made this?"

"Yeah, with the help of Bri. I made one for me too. The light from the Redstones gets brighter when they get nearer to each other. Watch." Then I took out mine and moved it closer to his, the glow from the stones got brighter as I do. When I moved the medallion away from his, the glow got dimmer.

"I love it. Thank you." He said as he puts it on.

"No prob." I told him. Then Kitana walked through the gates.

"Kitana, what are you doing here?" Liu asked her.

"I wish to speak to Lord Raiden." She answered.

"'Lord'? I thought she was a bad guy, er girl." Johnny said on the sideline while Raiden and Kitana were talking. "Looks like he's turned another one. What's Raiden got that I haven't got?"

"God-like power?" Liu suggested.

"A personality that is not at all like sanding paper?" Kung Lao added.

"An ego smaller than the planet Earth?" I added.

"The ability to fly?" Bri added to that.

"Jerks." Johnny said. I chuckled.

"Why have you come to fight against your father?" Raiden asked Kitana.

"He is not my real father, he killed my real father and took my mother for his wife. Then killed my mother. He has cloned me and infused it with tarkatan blood." Kitana explained.

"Tia!" Raiden yelled for me. "Is what she says the truth?" I then read her mind, she spoke the truth, she sincerely wanted to join us.

"Yes Raiden, she truly wishes to join us." I told him.

"You may join us then." Raiden said to Kitana.

"Thank you Lord Raiden." She responded and bowed to him.

Looks like we got another one to work with. I can tell without reading his mind that Liu's happy about her joining us....