Chapter 1: Once Upon a Dream

When I woke up, I didn't know were I was. I look around and saw my best friend Bri laying on one of those shelves like in Spongebob. She then looked at me.

"Tia, where are we?" She asked with a confused look on her face.

"I don't know, but I feel like I should." I told her. We could feel the ground moving under our feet. We came to the conclusion that we're on a boat. When we walked out the door, we saw a shirtless guy and a guy in a poofy jumpsuit looking-thing and a straw hat. They both just look at us.

"O....M.....J.... I know exactly where we are!" I said to Bri. (Me and Bri say omj, which stands for Oh My Jinxx. It's kinda our thing.)

"You do? Where are we then?" She asks me. Then the two guys walked over us.

"Hello, who are you?" The shirtless guy asked us.

"I'm Bri, and this is my best friend Tia." Bri said.

"I am..." The shirtless guy started. Then I stopped him.

"I know this one. You're Liu Kang, the pyro from Earthrealm." I said, pointing at the shirtless guy. Then I point to the other guy. "And you're Lord Raiden, God of thunder and protector of Earthrealm." They both look at me surprised.

"How did you know that?" Liu Kang asked me.

"I have psychic powers."

"So you can read minds then?"

"Not just reading minds. There's more to my power than that."

Then, an old guy came outta a door followed by two ninja-looking guys. I automatically know who they all are.

"Ah, I see our other guests have awaken." The old guy said.

"How'd we get here? Who are you?" Bri asked him.

"I am Shang Tsung. You are here because you are going to the Mortal Kombat tournament."

"I have no idea why you have brought these girls here Shang Tsung, but you had better not have them compete. They have nothing to fight with." Raiden said. At that moment, I felt something on my back. I find two sword sheathes and took out two katanas.

"AWESOME!" I exclaimed. Then Bri found that she has twin tessens. She's really happy to find them.

"You see? They can fight, they can and will compete." Shang Tsung said to us. "Scorpion! Sub-Zero! We must leave to deal with some other business." The two guys behind Shang Tsung followed him into a different room.

"I have no idea why we're here, but this just might be fun." I said to Bri.

"Who was that guy?" Bri asked.

"He is Shang Tsung, a sorcerer from Outworld." Raiden starts. "He has dragged you two into this tournament. If Earthrealm does not win this year, it will be overtaken by Outworld.".....