Chapter 11: Kung Lao's confession (Kung Lao's POV)

The next day, Tia was under a tree making the blow darts she used in the first tournament. This is it. I am going to make my move. I walked over to her.

"Hey, can I join you?" I asked her.

"Sure, I'm just making my blow darts." She answered. I just nodded and sat down. She showed me how to make a blow dart out of a small piece of metal and some 'plastic' as they call it. Then she gave me a tube.

"You put the blow dart into the tube like this, and blow. Watch." She said as she put a throwing star into the tube and blew into it. She hit a tree on the other side of the clearing. "Bullseye! Now you try." I put the blow dart into the tube and blew into it. The dart hit the ground.

"Here, you just aim a little bit above your target and blow hard." She told me. I tried it like she told me, and it worked. I am going to tell her.

"Tia, can I ask you something?" I asked nervously. I could feel my face heating up.

"Sure, go ahead."

"This will be really hard for me to say...."

"What is it?"

"You know, you can just read my mind now!" I told her, getting frustrated.

"Okay then."

"I really like you, and I want us to be more than friends." I said in my mind.

"You know Kung Lao, I'm able to do more than just read minds."

"I really like you too Kung Lao." I heard her voice in my head.

"What the..?" I started to ask out loud, looking around us.

"Yeah... I can also send mind messages to people."

"So, anyway. I would like to ask you to.... maybe.... Be my.... G-girlfriend?" I thought.

"Kung Lao..." She said out loud. "I don't know how to say this but..." She is going to say she only likes me as a friend. But then she grabeds my vest, pulled me towards her and crashed her lips onto mine. I closed my eyes. Fireworks went off in my brain. Her kiss tasted just like last night.

"So... I guess that is a yes?" I asked when we broke for air. She just chuckled and nodded. We spend most of the rest of the day under that tree. When we made another fire, Bri and Tia start singing a song they call 'the Mortician's Daughter', it is a very beautiful song. Then when we went to sleep (she really likes to sleep outside apparently) she brought out her big, fire-breathing dog-like creature.

"What is that exactly?" I asked her.

"This is Arcanine, he's a Pokémon. Sometimes when I can't sleep, he helps me sleep." She explained to me. "You can pet him, he won't bite!"

When I petted his head, he rubbed his head into my hand.

"Ya see? He likes you!" After I get used to Arcanine, we both fell asleep next to each other against Arcanine. The Pokémon was actually really comfortable. It was a great night, and all felt right. I hoped everything would be fine, but I was wrong.....