Chapter 18: The Ambush

I decided to go for another walk. Sub-Zero, Bri and Kung Lao decided to come with me. As we were walking, we were ambushed by an army of tarkatans! We were all just fighting left and right. Bri and I got pushed back a few times. Then we were cornered on the edge of the cliff. One of them took a blow at us and we both fell off the edge!

----------------------------------------

I was hurt bad. I couldn't move, speak, or blink. But I could somehow move my eyes. Bri was hurt bad too, her leg was bending the wrong way. When the guys found us, they looked so scared for us. Kung Lao went over to me.

"Tia!" He screamed. "Her eyes are not swirling!" Then he lowered his head. Then I guess he saw some more tarkatans. "YOU WILL PAY!!" He screamed, then went to kill them. I looked over and saw Kung Lao killing the tarakatans, slicing them all to bits. He even cut himself with his hat a few times, but he just ignored it. He didn't stop until every last one was sliced to bits. Then he went back over to me. I could see Sub-Zero kneeling next to Bri.

"Bri.. Brianna.... BLOSSOM DO NOT LEAVE ME!!!" he screamed. Her eyes probably weren't swirling either. Wait, how'd he know Bri's nickname? Then he sat back on his heels and screamed at the sky like a shokan. As he did, a cloud of ice with sharp icicles came outta his mouth.

"Tia! Please do not go!" Kung Lao said to me, and then started sobbing. "I love you!" He loves me! I wanted to scream "I love you too!" But I couldn't speak, or move my mouth, but I could somehow breathe. I guess they didn't notice that. After a while, they finally pulled themselves together.

"Come on, we have to get them back to the academy." Kung Lao said. He picked me up, closed my eyes for me and I blacked out.

---------------------------------------

When I came to, the first thing I heard was Sub-Zero's voice to my left.

"I have sworn to protect you, and now you are dead." he said, then started crying. "I have failed you." They think we're dead?!?!

"I remember the first time I ever talked to you." I heard Kung Lao say on the other side of me. "I thought you looked so pretty, you knew I had snuck into the tournament. I had saved you from being killed by Baraka, then later you saved me from being killed by Shao Kahn. I was speechless when it happened. But it made my feelings for you even deeper to know you would save me from being killed. But now, you are dead." When I could finally open my eyes, he was kneeling beside me on my right, his face in his hands crying. I slowly put my hand on his knee. He then lifted his head, looked at me and I smiled at him. He looked overjoyed when I smiled at him.

Then I heard Bri's voice. I looked over and saw that she put her hand on Sub-Zero's leg.

"shhhhh." She said to him.

"THANK THE ELDER GODS YOU TWO ARE ALIVE!!" They exclaimed in unison. They got us to a sitting position, and they both pulled us into a kiss at the same time. When Kung Lao broke for air, I noticed a red light through his shirt. It was from the medallion I made for him!

"You kept it." I said, pointing to the light.

"I never took it off." He responded. Then he hugged me and started crying into my shoulder. "I thought I lost you." He said through my shirt.

"There there, nicht weien, nicht weien." (Yes, I can kinda speak German) I then started singing Rette Mich, a German song I use for a lullaby, as I was slowly swaying side to side. I sang the words softly: 

"Komm und Rette mich, ich verbrenne innerlich,

Komm und Rette mich, ich schaff's nicht ohne dich,

Komm und Rette mich, Rette mich, Rette mich, Rette mich."

After they pulled themselves together, Raiden walked in.

"YOU ARE ALIVE!! PRAISE THE ELDER GODS!!!" he yelled. I'm guessing everyone outside could hear us, since we were in a tent.

"Raiden, how long've we been out?" I asked him.

"A few days, when Sub-Zero and Kung Lao brought you two into the academy, they would not let anyone touch you. They never left your sides. Bri froze Sub-Zero while you were unconscious once." I kinda chuckled at that being said. "Everyone thought you were dead because your eyes stopped swirling. Sub-Zero and Kung Lao said that your eyes never stopped swirling, even when you are sleeping. We were going to dig your graves today."

"Kung Lao, can you please help me up?" When he did, I felt something wrong with my shoulders. I saw my collarbone sticking out on my right. My left collarbone was dislocated.

"well I know how to fix my left collarbone." I said, then I jump up and it looked like I almost pile-drivered the ground. I felt my collarbone go back into place. Then I got back up, moving my shoulder in circles. The pain stopped. "Alright, I'm good for this collarbone. But I think my other collarbone's broken." Then Sub-Zero tried to help up Bri, but she just cried out in pain.

"I think my leg's broken." she said.

"Ok, so we need to make a make-shift cast for Bri."

"And we need to make you a sling for your shoulder." Sub-Zero helped make Bri a make-shift cast and carried her around everywhere until her leg was all healed up. Kung Lao helped make a sling for me and helped me carry stuff around.

"You don't have to do this kinda stuff for me." I told him.

"You are my girlfriend, it is the least I can do." He responded. Then Liu walked by and overheard us.

"I KNEW IT!!" Liu said as he stopped and walked towards us.

"Knew what?" I asked Liu.

"I knew you two were dating!"

"Yeah, so?"

"So, you kept denying it that you were!"

"Yeah, that was BEFORE we were dating. I know you like Kitana dude, she likes you too.... Oh shit, I completely forgot!"

"What?" Kung Lao asked me.

"I know a way for Bri and I to get better faster! I completely forgot about it until just now!" I said, then I took out a pokéball and brought out my Chansey. Then I kneeled down so I could look her into the eyes. "Chansey, we need your eggs. Please, Bri and I have broken bones and I think your eggs can heal us faster." Chansey gave us the eggs happily.

"How will these eggs help?" Liu asked.

"A Chansey's eggs have medicinal powers, they give their eggs to injured pokemon in the wild. Maybe, her eggs can heal us faster." I explained.

"It is worth a shot." Kung Lao said. The egg tastes really sweet, it's like it's hardboiled already.

"Now we have to give one to Bri." When we found her with Sub-Zero, I told her about my idea. She was reluctant at first, but I talked her into it. And it worked!! We were all healed up in a few days!!

"Woah, great idea as usual Tia." Bri said as we took her cast off.

"I told you Chansey's egg's have medical powers, we can have Chansey as our medic!" I responded.

"Good idea!"