Chapter 7: at the Academy

After we got back to the Academy, we were just stationed there for a while. Raiden wanted me to teach everyone how I do my fighting, so I taught them some MMA fighting. I showed them the armbar, and how to get out of it. I also taught them another defensive move on the armbar. The second way's to lift the person of the ground while you're in the hold, then drop them to the floor! We were all on a pad of course, so they don't drop them on concrete.

"If you have the armbar tight enough, you'll be able to break their arm, or at least dislocate it." I told them. They found it really useful. After the lesson, I was just sitting under a tree, making some blow darts, when Kung Lao came over.

"May I join you?" He asked me.

"Yeah, sure. I'm just making some blow darts." I answered. He sat down next to me and I showed him how to make the blow darts. Then I showed him my special sharpening process. I showed him how to do it on his hat. I proved it works by dropping a blade of grass over the edge of the hat and the grass splits in half.

"That is amazing." I smiled. "Hey, can you teach me some more of your fighting moves? I want to learn."

"Well, I was gonna teach you guys how to do some wrestling stuff tomorrow. I was also going to teach you guys our medicine ball game we do. It's really fun. But I guess I can teach you the medicine ball game now." We went over to the mat and I taught him the rules. I put the medicine ball in place and we were about to start. Then Liu came out and saw us.

"What is going on here?" He asked us.

"I'm teaching Kung Lao how to play the medicine ball game. You wanna play?" I asked him. He agreed and joined in with us.

"Ok, here's the rules: you're trying to get the medicine ball in the middle of the mat to your side of the mat. Two people go out at the same time and try to get the ball before the other person does. The thing is, you can only be on your hands and knees. You can wrestle the other people for it and rip it outta their hands, that's perfectly legal in this game." I explained to Liu. When we were ready to play, I had me and Kung Lao go first. He got to the medicine ball first, but I wrestled him for it and ripped it outta his hands. As I was going to my side of the mat, Kung Lao grabbed my ankle and pulled me towards him. He flipped me over and I was holding onto the medicine ball tightly. He was just kinda over me, his face inches away from my face, just staring at me.

"Ooooohhhhh." Liu said on the sideline. I death-glared him.

"You wanna go?" I asked him, he just shut up then. Kung Lao started to blush while looking at Liu angrily. I used his distraction to my advantage. I got my knees up to my chest and kicked Kung Lao off me. I then scrambled over to my side of the mat.

"I win." I said as I walked over to Kung Lao with the medicine ball. "And now, this must be done." I went over to Liu put him in a choke hold. After a few seconds I let him go and he was gasping for air. "Alright, I'm good."

-------------------later that night------------------

We were all around a campfire and Shang Tsung came by, but he looked younger.

"What do you want Shang Tsung?" Raiden demanded.

"The Emporer has a proposition. A single tournament to replace the current system of ten. It will be held in Outworld." Shang Tsung answered.

"We will not do your tournament."

"Suit yourself." Shang Tsung said, then snapped his fingers. Outta nowhere, a portal appeared and an army of tarkatans came out. We were all just fighting everywhere. Kung Lao and I fought like we did with Baraka. After all the tarkatans were all dead. Raiden came to a conclusion.

"Shao Kahn sees Earthrealm as a threat. We must fight in the tournament. We go to outworld.".......