Chapter Twenty Three

I wake up feeling refreshed. Just the memories of yesterday, putting a smile on my face.
I decided to spend most of my day today out and about with my parents, plus it looked like the last day it was going to be semi-warm outside.

Like good ol' times, my parents and I went to the park and had a picnic. Just me, my mom, my dad, a red and white checkered blanket, and a picnic basket filled with wonderful food.

"It's very pretty today." my Dad points out.

"Indeed it is." my Mom agrees.

"Well can we just eat now?" I bluntly asked.

They laughed, "dig in!"

We had basic turkey sandwiches and juice boxes.

The food wasn't too great, nor were the drinks, but it was an amazing time. Why? Because I was with my family, happy, not talking about cancer, or dying, or sad stuff. Just laughing, loving, and living.

~~~~~~~~~~

After our nice picnic we went to the mall. I bought some stuff with my birthday money, my mom bought decorative china, and my dad bought a jacket.

I asked to go to the bookstore, so we went to the bookstore. Whilst I was there, I spotted a bundle of the whole series of The Price of Dawn and felt a need to buy it. I've already read it all, but I just felt that need.

"Probably Augustus." I heard a voice say, so then I immediately turned around.

It was just a couple discussing something completely unrelated to my Augustus.

~~~~~~~~~

When I got home, I checked my phone. (I left it at home so it wouldn't distract from our family bonding). I had a text from Nicholas:

Meet up tomorrow?

I texted back:

Of course :)

He replied in an instant:

Oh look at that, you replied to me.

Then, I didn't reply.